Specialty Dining Questions

ama

If you don’t have the dining package and want to eat at a specialty a la carte dining restaurant - are you paying BOTH the cover charge and of course whatever you order? I know Moderno and Teppanyaki would be the flat rate only. I’m referencing restaurants like Cagneys or Le Bistro. Thank you!

Thank you! I’m trying to figure out if we should purchase the dining package for my kids. We plan on eating at Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and Cagney’s for sure. And deciding between Moderno or Cirque Dreams shown as our last choice. 

10 minutes ago, Minoushka said:

Biy your dining package per person a la carte will be veryexpensive 

Not necessarily.

Whilst the SDP does make sense for most people, if someone is a fairly light eater then it is quite possible to spend less than the SDP per meal cost. That can certainly be the case with kids.

Whilst we always get the SDP for my son, it is more for ease than to save money. The cost of his meals is usually around what the SDP costs, and has been lower. I have also seen it happen with adults. It certainly doesn't need to be expensive.

57 minutes ago, cdnsteelman said:

How old are your kids as they can order free off a kids menu in those specialty venues (note - the free kids menu is NOT a subset of the specialty dining menu)?

Do you know what the age limit is, or is it just if they order off the kid's menu?

6 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Do you know what the age limit is, or is it just if they order off the kid's menu?

Not sure of an age limit (mine are 6 & 8 and its never been an issue - even at Teppanyaki... although we try not to do it there often because of the limited seating... we always ask if there's a seating that isn't slammed to try to be a bit respectful of that venue's capacity limits). We also leave a bit more of a cash tip for the servers because of the extra effort they go through to deliver the kids' food.

16 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

The age limit for ordering off the kids menu is 12, however from previous posts here they aren't super strict about it.