Itinerary Change...more hell??

wcolucci

Just kidding about the hell part.

just got a email from TA

They swapped the Tortola and St Maarten dates and times....cut off a few hours from Tortola from 11 to 9..(I WANT A PARTIAL REFUND) and 11 to 9 on St Maarten (AW NOW I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK) as well. Heck thats four hours less...I'm calling my attorney Dewey Fleecem & Howe

No biggie....hurts the restaurants in St Maarten more than me as we're leaving at 6 instead of 11 P.M.

Oh well like I say: A bad cruise week is better than a good work week

It will still be heavenly

Ciao Everyone I'll write a report when i get back from this doomed trip!!! :-)

Our itinerary changed from the time we booked (just four weeks before departure) and embarkation day. The tickets did not have the right times (received two weeks before embarkation), but the HAL website had them closer to what we ended up with. We did not find out the extent of the changes in the itinerary until seeing it in the program. We ended up leaving St. Thomas two hours early, Antigua four, St. Maarten one, and San Juan one-half.

Fortunately, we prefer time at sea as opposed to time in port--as long as we have enough time to do what we want and don't have to rush if we book an excursion on our own.

I'm sure they're related Ruth...

I am in no way upset...the title was just a poke on the "Cruise from hell" post that has taken on a life of it's own...

like I've said in the past, I wouldn't mind if the ship broke down on me and left us stranded on the high seas for an extra few days....ports are ok but I love the days at sea

Sooooooo Westerdam here I come... wife and infant, (and 6 suitcases!!!!) in tow.

A few days in Orlando after the cruise so Grandma can see her grandaughter then back home 2/3

Take care everyone and i'll bore ya all w/ the details upon our return

The 'cruise from hell' was more like the 'posts from hell'. Why even the mega-posters who love each other so much got involved and everyone sounded silly.:p

Let's keep it light-hearted, fun and informative. That's when I enjoy the CC boards.

No, No - I'm silly for saying silly :D Boy, what a silly thing to say!! Maybe I meant swilly or was it Billy, Have Fun, 'Milly'

Glad you kept the ports just rearranged the hours-we missed 2 out of 3 !! on our last cruise - had a perfect opportunity to be 'silly' and pitch a fit, but DH Willy said,'Milly don't you be a pitchin' a fit-that there Captain will drop you off in Philly' LOL to you and yours, Milly:p

Dan, Click and Clack got it from The Three Stooges.

(There's nothing new under the sun.)

Bill, I knew what you were up to, and fully appreciate it. Always remember: a sick mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Have a good time on your cruise.

Sooooooo Westerdam here I come... wife and infant, (and 6 suitcases!!!!) in tow.

Ohhhhhhh, NO! An infant on the Westerdam? And you'll probably insist on putting the kid in the adult pool... This may yet be the "cruise from hell"...:p

Ruth,

Dewey Cheatum, and Howe work for Click and Clack from up in your neck of the woods. Dewey, Fleecum, and Howe must be cruise line litigators.

You should try Ted Kennedy's law firm. Winer, Diner, Dinker and Dunker.

And Grumpy, you forgot to use the sarcasm font.

Besides, do you know the difference between and infant and an old man?

You don;t have to change the infant's diaper as often.

I don't think that there's any one of us who have not had itinerary changes.

Never bothers us.

I think the OP was being sacrcastic, in fact he isn'r even dealing with a real itinerary change, only a scheduling change.

It's great that changes to itineraries don't bother you, a missed port here or there, but I'm sure that for people who book cruise for the ports, such as European and Asian cruises, it would be a big deal to miss Venice, Istanbul or Bora Bora.

But the difference between Jamaica and Cozumel certainly isn't worth caring about.

I think the OP was being sacrcastic, in fact he isn'r even dealing with a real itinerary change, only a scheduling change.

It's great that changes to itineraries don't bother you, a missed port here or there, but I'm sure that for people who book cruise for the ports, such as European and Asian cruises, it would be a big deal to miss Venice, Istanbul or Bora Bora.

But the difference between Jamaica and Cozumel certainly isn't worth caring about.

I remember reading a thread a year or so back by a person that scheduled her wedding at one of the ports. Many of the guests and some of the wedding party were flying to the port, the bride and groom and some others were to arrive by ship. The port was cancelled, weather problems IIRC. Now there was an unhappy cruiser!

We were supposed to stop in Grand Cayman, Christmas Island and Tonga last year. The first two, we saw from the ship as we had dropped anchor but could not tender in. We never got close to Tonga but went to Fiji instead. No biggie... just gives us an excuse to take another cruise so we can collect our missing ports...:D

I think it goes without saying that the OP was having some fun! I loved it! We needed a little levity about now around here.

You know, there really should be a sarcasm font! That would be fantastic:D . Might be a little bit of an "inside" thing, but we could quickly alert posters that the sarcasm font had been used so stop whining! Too funny.

Meanwhile, wcolucci, I hope you have an amazing time despite those 'horrific' scheduling changes;) !!

Fortunately, we prefer time at sea as opposed to time in port--as long as we have enough time to do what we want and don't have to rush if we book an excursion on our own.

I agree completely.

Way back when (Jan, 1991, to be exact) we had a 10 day Mex Riviera cruise on the Fair Priincess (just acquired as part of the Princess acquisition of Sitmar) where the ports were rearranged to deal with a port congestion problem in Acapulco. As a result we were at sea for 4 straight days to Acapulco at the start of the cruise, then a port a day back to LA.

We loved it because we got all that time at sea at the start and could take advantage of all the ship's amenities.

In additon, the first Gulf War was just starting and there were TV sets only in the public rooms, not in any staterooms, so all pax had a, sort of, bonding during that long period we were at sea.

Archived