First Time Spending My Birthday on a Cruise

Jamericannn

On 3/8/2019 at 11:34 AM, Jamericannn said:

This year will be the first year I will spend my birthday on a cruise. I am excited about that. All my cruises have been just a regular vacation without any special celebrations like Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Birthdays etc. Other than singing in the MDR, does carnival do anything for passengers celebrating a special occasion?

Yes.... I am talking about freebies 🙂

Hi Jamericannn ☺️

In regards to freebies or incentives concerning a birthday, holiday or anniversary, I always request/ask/mention this at the time of booking, not when on the ship. My wife's birthday took place on our last Carnival sailing. During my booking process with the Carnival PVP, I simply said it was my wife's birthday, "What can you do for me". 

He gave me the happy birthday 'Celebration Package' that came with stateroom decorations, a birthday cake, a photo frame and a beach towel. He also gave us a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. Along with a complimentary dinner in the steakhouse in the form of onboard credit. 

Even if there isn't a birthday, anniversary or holiday; during your booking process, prior to making a deposit, is the best time to ask a PVP, if sailing Carnival; a cruiseline representative, or a travel agent, "What can you do for me". 

Have a wonderful birthday & a terrific voyage!!

🌴

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Jamericannn ☺️

In regards to freebies or incentives concerning a birthday, holiday or anniversary, I always request/ask/mention this at the time of booking, not when on the ship. My wife's birthday took place on our last Carnival sailing. During my booking process with the Carnival PVP, I simply said it was my wife's birthday, "What can you do for me". 

He gave me the happy birthday 'Celebration Package' that came with stateroom decorations, a birthday cake, a photo frame and a beach towel. He also gave us a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. Along with a complimentary dinner in the steakhouse in the form of onboard credit. 

Even if there isn't a birthday, anniversary or holiday; during your booking process, prior to making a deposit, is the best time to ask a PVP, if sailing Carnival; a cruiseline representative, or a travel agent, "What can you do for me". 

Have a wonderful birthday & a terrific voyage!!

🌴

This sounds like the best gift/offer so far. What ship did this happen on? So much better than the gift cards. I did mention it to my PVP and it is noted on my booking online. 

11 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

This sounds like the best gift/offer so far. What ship did this happen on? So much better than the gift cards. I did mention it to my PVP and it is noted on my booking online. 

I have never, ever seen PVP give away something for free,  I would bet it was charged to the booking.  

25 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

Hi Jamericannn ☺️

This was when we booked the Breeze. However the ship/cruisline really doesn't matter. Its all done during the booking process. Our most recent cruise was on Royal, Anthem Of The Seas, Valentines anniversary voyage this past February. When booking I requested the same. Received room decorations, cake, champagne, etc....

My wife & I have been sailing Carnival, Royal & Princess since 1980. Not loyal to any cruiseline, when it comes to perks I request them at the time of booking. 

13 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I have never, ever seen PVP give away something for free,  I would bet it was charged to the booking.  

Hi Elaine ☺️

I have never been charged for any perks/incentives given to me during my booking process. They are gifts, incentives...

I don't understand why you think gifts given to us over the years, (at the time of booking), is being charged to our account. 

You never had a PVP or any cruiseline representative on other cruiselines give you champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, onboard credit??

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I'm a bit surprised at the ungratefulness. I got a $50 spa card and got my hair done. The stylist who did it was a sweetheart and didn't pressure me into any product. In fact he did some highlighter for free - that I wished I had bought. I found the whole time relaxing and fun.

I'm grateful for anything anyone gives me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Our PVP gave us a bon voyage room decoration package when making our last reservation. It came with a photo frame & beach towel. She also gave us chocolate covered strawberries. We were not charged.

My pvp (who I have used to book my last 20 CCL cruises) knew it was not only my birthday on embark day, but also our milestone (25th) CCL cruise.  I must say I was a bit disappointed I received nothing from her.  Possibly time for a new pvp!!