Boston Cruise Port to Logan Airport

wilbar46

What time do you dock and what day of the week? We had a 9:50 flight, docked in Boston at 7 AM on a Saturday, and lined up for self-disembarkation around 6:45. We weren't the first in line, but at least we could see the exit to the gangway. No one was able to get off the ship until 8:15 because medical emergency personnel had to evacuate an ill passenger first. Once they opened the gangway, we were waved quickly through customs, etc. Cabs were lined up at the dock. It took no more than 10 minutes to get to the airport, and we easily made the flight. I'm sure the ride to the airport would take longer with commuter traffic on a weekday.  

Edited by Maya_C
spelling error

16 hours ago, Maya_C said:

I'm sure the ride to the airport would take longer with commuter traffic on a weekday.  

Excellent point.  If debarking on the weekend, no problem should arise with the 10:15 a.m. time (if domestic flight).  Having been in and out of Boston on numerous occasions I can say with certainty that week day traffic ranges from, "eh, not to bad" to horrendous.  10:15 could be cutting it close on those days.

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Might try some research on the East Coast Departures board,  as this is not about Holland America. 

Sure it is, seeing as how Holland America frequently leaves/arrives in Boston.

• Like 4

As the crow flies, Logan is less than 2 miles from the Falcon Cruise Terminal.  When our Can-NE cruise stopped there, I spent an enjoyable afternoon in a chaise on a high deck of the Celebrity Summit, watching many planes (esp. the intl jumbo jets) land and take off [in the 1950s our family used to go out to the airport in Ft. Wayne on some Sundays to watch planes land and take off--so it's in my blood].  Got a photo of a plane seeming to hit one of the ship's stacks.  Too bad no one offers a boat shuttle from the dock to Logan--it would be so convenient!  After all they have ferry boats taking folks from shore to the off-shore islands.

We had no problem making a 10:30 flight on a Saturday a couple years ago. We booked a limo, and the driver was late getting there, but we still made it with plenty of time to spare. However, as noted above by others, definitely plan to do self-disembarkation.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

6 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Too bad no one offers a boat shuttle from the dock to Logan--it would be so convenient!  After all they have ferry boats taking folks from shore to the off-shore islands.

There was a boat shuttle last June when we took the Summit to Bermuda, but of course it leaves at set times and takes longer than ground transportation. We didn't take it because we had an early flight. Taxis were lined up at the pier when we disembarked and got us to the airport in 10 minutes.   

14 hours ago, Maya_C said:

There was a boat shuttle last June when we took the Summit to Bermuda, but of course it leaves at set times and takes longer than ground transportation. We didn't take it because we had an early flight. Taxis were lined up at the pier when we disembarked and got us to the airport in 10 minutes.   

That's good to know if we're ever there again.  Hard to understand why it would take longer--guess boats don't mover very fast.

5 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

That's good to know if we're ever there again.  Hard to understand why it would take longer--guess boats don't mover very fast.

It's a water taxi from the Boston cruise port to the airport. It runs about once per hour, and you have to call to tell them you want to take it. My daughter used it and thought it took 15-20 minutes. BTW, I meant to say we took the Veendam to Bermuda. 

• Like 1