Going over the $9 drink price?

Beachfrog

We are discussing the advantage of the signature drink package and have been looking at rogerjett's beverage menu photos.  I realize this package would be for any drink under the $9 price. If I want to order something more expensive, what happens?  Am I told by the bartender, "no, not included"?  Or do I pay a separate price for that drink?  Or can it be made with a less expensive alcohol?  Thanks!

right now you pay for the entire drink if you go over.  If you like nice wines it makes sense to upgrade to the Elite package where the limit is $15.  Although I heard that in a few weeks the SBP will include drinks up to $11.  This is because they are raising drink prices.  Happy sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dshroyer said:

right now you pay for the entire drink if you go over.  If you like nice wines it makes sense to upgrade to the Elite package where the limit is $15.  Although I heard that in a few weeks the SBP will include drinks up to $11.  This is because they are raising drink prices.  Happy sailing.

Good info. I had wondered about that after seeing some reports on the new drinks menus. 

To be fair to people who purchase the SBP, I certainly would hope that HAL would raise the drink prices AND the $9 limit simultaneously.   Or, raise the $9 limit to $11 first and then raise the drink prices later.   If they raise the drink prices first, that will greatly reduce the value of the package.  If I  purchased the SBP online and the "fine print" on HAL's receipt specifies a $9 limit, and I find that all the beverages I could normally get for under $9 are now $9.50 or up, I will be asking for my money back for the package.

8 minutes ago, 2pbears said:

Do you suppose they will raise the price of the SBP when they raise drink prices?

Over the years, the maximum drink price of the SBP has been $7, then $8, and now $9.   Through all of those changes, the basic price for the SBP has been $44.95 per day plus 15% service charge.   

These increases in the maximum drink price with the SBP has always been coordinated with an increase in drink prices.   The SBP is pretty much useless is they raise the average drink price to over $9.    

There's no way to forecast what Seattle will do when the drink prices and the SBP limit goes up.   They may raise the daily cost of the SBP.   

15 minutes ago, 2pbears said:

Do you suppose they will raise the price of the SBP when they raise drink prices?

The SBP price increase, if there is a one, usually lags by at least 6 months. 

21 hours ago, dshroyer said:

right now you pay for the entire drink if you go over.

Thanks for the answer!  Also, thanks to everyone for updating me on the possibility of the price increase.  I had not taken that one into consideration!