No WCMC on the last night????

My parents just got off the Fantasy this morning. They had Your Time Dining. They said last night no one in the MDR was given a dessert menu. Everyone got Baked Alaska. My wife and I were on the Liberty 3 weeks ago and had Early Dining and had a dessert menu every night. 

So is this new across the fleet?

Is it just a YTD thing?

Is it just on the Fantasy?

I'm not a huge warm chocolate metling cake fan myself but there are a few people I cruise with (my wife for sure) that would cause a scene if they were denied their last WCMC. 

• Like 2

Chocolate melting cake is now and will forever be available every night. We have never been served Baked Alaska automatically but that may vary based on the ship. Just ask for the melting cake and they will bring it to you...or have the baked alaska because it is amazing!

1 hour ago, jmcathome said:

Our server on the Glory last week on the last night asked if we all wanted Baked Alaska . Did not insist. We could get anything on the dessert menu. Noone asked for the Menu

And it was amazing as always! We were Even offered seconds.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brookeq said:

They bring baked alaska to every table but you can ask for something else.  I think it seems to vary be server whether they give you a  menu or not.  But there are other options.  

I've been on several Carnival cruises and they have never brought Baked Alaska to very table. We have always been given a menu and ordered like all other nights. I guess maybe it is at the discretion of the maitre'd.

If they don't hand you a dessert menu and you want one, ask for it.

On Fantasy on the last night, I asked for, and received the dessert menu. It was Baked Alaska,  Fruit Plate, Cheese Plate, Ice Cream, Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake. I suppose you could have also asked for a banana split.

sounds odd but we just did B2b on elation for 4 and 5 nights and didn't have baked Alaska on any night! 

what I thought kind of odd was the first four days on both cruises we had the exact same menus so we only had one different menu on the fifth day

Not true. I’m getting off the Conquest today after doing a B2B. The Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake was offered on the last night on both cruises. Here is the desert menu from the last night. Which is now, incidentally, included with dinner menu (not separate). They take your entire order all at once; appetizer, main and desert. Service was super quick. In and out in an hour (sometimes less) each night. 

6CBEF083-4E89-48EF-B7EE-CF110743AE15.png