Horizon Southern Itinerary Info needed please

RTR 21-0

23 hours ago, lele100 said:

We are going this May same Itinerary same ship.  For La Romana, I have been there before and we did a private tour through Seavis Tours, it was called the Saona Special.  It was so much fun.  You take a boat that takes you to a couple famous stops one is the national park and the other I believe was the mangroves, and they give you some history on those, then they take you to the beach, where there is snorkling included if you want and a really good lunch, there were loungers there and drinks included. Then back on the boat to the "natural pool" which is a sandbank so beautiful you jump in the water and there are starfish everywhere you get to take pics, and they serve drinks from the little boat while you are in the water, if I remember correctly they also served rum cake.  It really was alot of fun.

Great to hear because we have that booked for our June cruise.   How long is the boat ride back and forth?

17 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Great to hear because we have that booked for our June cruise.   How long is the boat ride back and forth?

Check out Catalina Island also. Its a much much shorter boat trip out then to Saona, and in my opinion a nicer area and less crowded. 

25 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

I honestly don't remember,  but when you visit the mangrove, national park and then go to natural pool to see the starfish, its all on the boat, the only times you are not on the boat is at the beach and then when you go to the natural pool (sandbank), you get off the boat and get in the water

FOT7C8A.jpg

FOTD6F5.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

If you up for an awesome adventure, book Trikes Aruba.  We did this in Cozumel and had a blast!!  We are going back to Aruba in 2021 and will book these for sure.  We did a land based vacation in Aruba back in 2005 and you really should get out and see the island.  Everyone is so friendly on this island.

https://trikes-aruba.com/

Husband loved this idea and I’ve sent in a reservation request.  How exactly does their reservation process work?  Do they reply to my request to reserve and then I pay online?  Their website was a little tricky in that I was warned the certificate had expired but finally got to where I think I need to be.  

19 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Husband loved this idea and I’ve sent in a reservation request.  How exactly does their reservation process work?  Do they reply to my request to reserve and then I pay online?  Their website was a little tricky in that I was warned the certificate had expired but finally got to where I think I need to be.  

I actually signed up to follow them on Facebook and then sent them a private message.  They sent me a link to fill out a form on line.  We did not pay until we filled out their form at their office in Cozumel.  You are going to have a blast!

3 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I actually signed up to follow them on Facebook and then sent them a private message.  They sent me a link to fill out a form on line.  We did not pay until we filled out their form at their office in Cozumel.  You are going to have a blast!

I was able to get my email to go through yesterday and they confirmed reservation.   We’re really looking forward to it. Thanks again for the recommendation and I’ll let you know how it went when we get back. 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, lele100 said:

We are going this May same Itinerary same ship.  For La Romana, I have been there before and we did a private tour through Seavis Tours, it was called the Saona Special.  It was so much fun.  You take a boat that takes you to a couple famous stops one is the national park and the other I believe was the mangroves, and they give you some history on those, then they take you to the beach, where there is snorkling included if you want and a really good lunch, there were loungers there and drinks included. Then back on the boat to the "natural pool" which is a sandbank so beautiful you jump in the water and there are starfish everywhere you get to take pics, and they serve drinks from the little boat while you are in the water, if I remember correctly they also served rum cake.  It really was alot of fun.

We did this in La Romana and had a blast.

Aruba we went Horse Back Riding! Private Ride with Gold Mine. EXCELLENT!

Curacao we hired Taxi Max for the day.

Grand Turk golf carts to the light house and every other part of the island then topped it off at Jacks and one for the road at Margaritaville.

We are going on the Horizon next May to the ABC's, can't wait.

Havana Aft Wrap again.

Edited by thesmiths

On 3/19/2019 at 8:16 AM, lele100 said:

I 2nd Seavis Saona Special. My fam and I had a great time on this tour. 

We we went to Jacks Shack on GT. Great Jerk Chicken, strong drinks and we snorkeled right off the beach there. 

Aruba we went to Eagle Beach and just chilled. 

And on Curaçao we took a cab to Playa Porto Marie for beach, snorkeling and they have a great bar and restaurant on the beach. The snorkeling was great and we swam out to the shelf. Flora and fauna were nice and some great fish too. Water was crystal clear and warm. 

Downtown Curaçao is a very pretty down with some nice shops and local foods to experience. By far Curaçao is our favorite of these 4 ports. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

We did this in La Romana and had a blast.

Aruba we went Horse Back Riding! Private Ride with Gold Mine. EXCELLENT!

Curacao we hired Taxi Max for the day.

Grand Turk golf carts to the light house and every other part of the island then topped it off at Jacks and one for the road at Margaritaville.

We are going on the Horizon next May to the ABC's, can't wait.

Havana Aft Wrap again.

Woodwind snorkeling tour in Bonaire is a must do if you like being in the water. Best snorkeling we’ve ever done.  woodwindbonaire.com

34 minutes ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Woodwind snorkeling tour in Bonaire is a must do if you like being in the water. Best snorkeling we’ve ever done.  woodwindbonaire.com 

Thank You, Looks great.

Just booked the Trikes in Aruba as well.

• Like 1