Hotel recommendations in sorrento

2KentuckyCats

Long time back on a road-trip we needed accommodation in Sorrento for a few nights. 

Virtually all the hotels only accepted bookings for a week, saturday to saturday. It reminded me of UK seaside resorts in the 1960's. We ended up in Ravello - beautiful, but inconvenient if you don't have a car.

Sorrento is an excellent base (probably the base) for those without transport, because of the ferries and boat trips, the railway, the local buses, the tours starting in Sorrento, and the town's amenities.

But do run a quick check on availability of a dozen random hotels for your dates to see if that's likely to be a problem. Or if my experience is simply out-of-date.

JB :classic_smile:

Sorrento has many hotels--if you check Trip Advisor you can book almost any of them for any number of nights. Depending on your budget there are some "great" hotels like the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria. My recommendation would be to stay in the center near the old city--which is great to walk arround. You are also close to ferry, bus and train stations. A train for example runs to Pompei and Naples.Ferries run to Capri and other local places--Amalfi, Positano, etc.

Sorrento is a favorite place --enjoy!!!