Flowrider Surfing Lessons

My 3 nieces and nephews {18, 20 & 22} (and I, The Uncle, {a young 50 years old} did the "private" flow rider last December

on the "Oasis of the Seas". I had done it before many years ago as a regular free cruise option and wasn't that impressed by my lack of "ability to stay vertical while riding the surf board". This time however, I really benefited from the one-on-one personal attention and had an absolute "BLAST".. So much so that I will attempt it again on my cruise in December this year on the 

Harmony of the Seas". If you can afford it, I say go for it. It makes a "HUGE" difference IMHO!!!!!

On 3/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, CrochetNCruisin said:

Can anyone tell me if the standup surfing group lesson is worth the price?

My time reserving the Flowrider lesson session remains one of the most fun times I've had on a cruise.

Mrs CruiseFan took both photos and videos. I asked her to because I felt nobody in their right mind would ever believe I actually did it. 🤣

In any event - we had a group of only 4 people in our Flowrider private lesson group.  Early morning reservations tend to have the smallest groups...since most folks on a cruise don't want to get up at 8am. 😨 :classic_laugh:

Two millennial females dropped out and left after about 10 minutes in frustration about falling over and over.

Another gentleman in his late 50's (who made a point to tell everyone he had surfed all over the world) lasted another 15-20 minutes after falling over and over again and apparently giving up at that point.

Their loss was my gain. I literally had the Flowrider to myself for the last 1/2 hour - to learn it with the help of 2 friendly and skilled staff members. Fantastic time - and yes...I managed to actually stay upright for multiple 4-5 minute intervals (my wife got photo and video "proof" LOL)...kinda got the hang of it and really enjoyed it. 👍

• Like 1