Boston Embarkation

k8te62

Hi everyone,

First time starting a cruise from Boston.  I have been there many times, but have not started a cruise from there.  Just wondering if the pier is organized and if the on and off procedure is smooth.  Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, k8te62 said:

Hi everyone,

First time starting a cruise from Boston.  I have been there many times, but have not started a cruise from there.  Just wondering if the pier is organized and if the on and off procedure is smooth.  Thanks in advance!

Boston is about average , not as good as New Orleans but better than LA. SSD

Have only cruised out of their once, last August, but no huge problems.  It's in a historical building in an interesting area of Boston.  We actually walked there with our rolling luggage from our SeaPort area hotel.  Lots of nice hotels in SeaPort area!

The shore-side staff didn't know what Platinum priority boarding was but that is par for the course for most ports. 

I enjoyed leaving from Boston. I would put it on par with New York, if you've ever sailed out of there. I sailed out of Boston on the Dawn to Bermuda in 2017 and I basically parked right at the bow of the ship. A short walk to the terminal, up an escalator, through security, and onto the ship. One memorable point about sail away is that you can see the planes landing and taking off from Logan airport as you head out.

16 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

If you head over to this forum you can get some great info about the Flynn Cruiseport 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

The Boston Cruise Port is more formerly called the Black Falcon cruise terminal.

Raymond Flynn was a mayor of the city of Boston and it was renamed.

More info LINK:

https://cruiseportadvisor.com/port/boston/

The Boston Cruise Port is able to handle medium size ships (DAWN GEM) with ease.

YES the departure out of Boston harbor is very interesting with the air traffic pattern

right overhead - some almost wanting to land on the ships deck and waving at the

airplane passengers - whoops I guess we missed our cruise - there she goes !

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

YES the departure out of Boston harbor is very interesting with the air traffic pattern

right overhead - some almost wanting to land on the ships deck and waving at the

airplane passengers - whoops I guess we missed our cruise - there she goes !

You'll get a great view of the runway from the upper decks. If the flight path is on that runway you can practically see the pilots as they land.  There will also be an old fort on the starboard side as you sail out. That is part of Castle Island and people will be waving as you go by, maybe even me :-)

6 minutes ago, hawkman402 said:

You'll get a great view of the runway from the upper decks. If the flight path is on that runway you can practically see the pilots as they land.  There will also be an old fort on the starboard side as you sail out. That is part of Castle Island and people will be waving as you go by, maybe even me 🙂

There is the classic Boston Light house( inactive) on Little Brewster Island that's a good Photo OP also. SSD

On 3/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, k8te62 said:

Hi everyone,

Disembarkation is the easiest we have ever experienced. Embarkation is like everywhere else. In our experience the later we board the less crowded it is.

Enjoy your cruise!