Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

On the Onward Dec 12 cruise currently. We had a V1 and bid $620 each for a CC. Received an N2 without a tub. Tried to move to an N1 when we boarded, but was unsuccessful. Have been happy with our cabin. It's our first Azamara cruise, though we are Discoverer due to Celebrity. We booked three future cruises yesterday, taking advantage of the onboard savings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Got an upgrade from Inside to Club Veranda!!!  $2,260 total. Trying to find out what is included. The website keeps giving me error messages.

Added your information to the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit
Please let me know if you can fill in any gaps on your entry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

On the Onward Dec 12 cruise currently. We had a V1 and bid $620 each for a CC. Received an N2 without a tub. Tried to move to an N1 when we boarded, but was unsuccessful. Have been happy with our cabin. It's our first Azamara cruise, though we are Discoverer due to Celebrity. We booked three future cruises yesterday, taking advantage of the onboard savings.

Thanks for the information. Added it to the spreadsheet.

• Like 2

Azamara Quest

January 4, 2023 - 17 Night Australia / New Zealand Cruise

Booked:  Club Ocean Suite

Offered:  Club World Owner's Suite

Lowest "Weak" Bid:  $500 per person

Midrange "Fair" Bid:  $750 per person

Highest "Strong" Bid:  $1500 per person

Our Bid:  $550 per person

Loyalty Level:  Discoverer (100% reciprocal from Celebrity Cruises - this will be our first Azamara Cruise)

• Like 8

8 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

Azamara Quest

January 4, 2023 - 17 Night Australia / New Zealand Cruise

Booked:  Club Ocean Suite

Offered:  Club World Owner's Suite

Lowest "Weak" Bid:  $500 per person

Midrange "Fair" Bid:  $750 per person

Highest "Strong" Bid:  $1500 per person

Our Bid:  $550 per person

Loyalty Level:  Discoverer (100% reciprocal from Celebrity Cruises - this will be our first Azamara Cruise)

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet

Azamara onward, january 5th, 12 days southern Caribbean 

booked Verandah plus P1

offered club Continent suites

minimum bid :$300 us per person

offered bid $340 us per person

bid accepted 

club continent with the large shower

we are discover

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iata said:

Azamara onward, january 5th, 12 days southern Caribbean 

booked Verandah plus P1

offered club Continent suites

minimum bid :$300 us per person

offered bid $340 us per person

bid accepted 

club continent with the large shower

we are discover

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to sail 7th Jan on Az Pursuit - first time with Azamara. Surprised to receive an email a couple of days ago inviting upgrade bids - seems very close to sail date plus website showing ship almost completely sold.
Booked Ocean View just before Covid struck and decided to retain booking despite revised itinerary.
Max bid for Veranda is £990 (not $) min bid approx £200pp and for Veranda Plus £1070 max with min bid around £300pp. Would love to upgrade but even making a fairly modest bid + money already paid = roughly the same as the originally advertised cost of a veranda stateroom. As I’m new to bidding have already changed bid several times…

To Jac M - my experience of bidding thus far on Azamara - is that I generally bid perhaps £50 more pp on the minimum bid. I have been successful on 2 out of 3 occasions. You certainly have nothing to lose on submitting a bid - the worst that can happen is that you remain in the stateroom you already have allocated. 
the balcony plus - gives you a ‘bar set up’ in your cabin - plus a dinner at one of the speciality restaurant- mid ship position & a slightly larger balcony- personally I think it’s worth bidding maybe £20 pp more than a standard balcony. 
i am waiting to find out if I’ve been successful on a bid for a sailing on the Caribbean on 170123 - will let the forum know….,

but if you haven’t bid already - get it i quick as your sail date is so close - I bet you will get a response from Azamara almost immediately as to whether you have been successful!! 
Happy bidding & have a fabulous cruise x 

Guest Cooper2020

Booked in  Club Spa suit on Pursuit 16/12/2022 - bid for Owner Suite £800 per person.  Successful bid  did not find out until within 48 hours of sailing.  To be honest not really worth the money.  The owner suits are small.  The butler never came to see us the first evening and when questioned a day later he said he was too busy!  Not the answer we wanted.  (We were back to back).

9 hours ago, Cooper2020 said:

Booked in  Club Spa suit on Pursuit 16/12/2022 - bid for Owner Suite £800 per person.  Successful bid  did not find out until within 48 hours of sailing.  To be honest not really worth the money.  The owner suits are small.  The butler never came to see us the first evening and when questioned a day later he said he was too busy!  Not the answer we wanted.  (We were back to back).

I’ll add your successful bid to the spreadsheet - can you let me know your Loyalty level, the length of the cruise and which region it was in. Thanks 

Guest Cooper2020
3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ll add your successful bid to the spreadsheet - can you let me know your Loyalty level, the length of the cruise and which region it was in. Thanks 

I am Discovery Plus.  the length of the 2nd cruise was 14 nights, region South America , Thank you.

To Carebeau- thank you for the guidance. To be honest I bid more that slightly over the minimum bid. Our bid for the Balcony Plus cabin is pending and our bid for the balcony cabin has expired. No facility to either cancel or amend the Balcony Plus bid…we sail this Saturday…

4 hours ago, Jac M said:

To Carebeau- thank you for the guidance. To be honest I bid more that slightly over the minimum bid. Our bid for the Balcony Plus cabin is pending and our bid for the balcony cabin has expired. No facility to either cancel or amend the Balcony Plus bid…we sail this Saturday…

Don’t forget to come back & tell us how you got on with your bid.

I have a question on the upgrade experiences. Discover plus members do not get the chance to get an upgrade without participating on some biding process? And only those who receive an invitation (email) from Azamara can bid?

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

Upgrade accepted for Jan 17th Onward cruise.  Originally booked an obstructed view outside cabin.  Offered $250 for standard Veranda cabin.  I believe the minimum was $200.  From 6th deck center to 7th deck rear.  Very happy with the location.  Any more information needed for your spreadsheet?  Thank you for all the excellent information you provide!  First Azamara cruise after 19 cruises on 5 other lines.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I have a question on the upgrade experiences. Discover plus members do not get the chance to get an upgrade without participating on some biding process? And only those who receive an invitation (email) from Azamara can bid?

Ivi

The upgrade is for anyone regardless of loyalty level, there is no other process. 
If you don’t get an email you can check if your booking is eligible. Here’s a link to the page on the UK site https://www.azamara.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kcl491 said:

Upgrade accepted for Jan 17th Onward cruise.  Originally booked an obstructed view outside cabin.  Offered $250 for standard Veranda cabin.  I believe the minimum was $200.  From 6th deck center to 7th deck rear.  Very happy with the location.  Any more information needed for your spreadsheet?  Thank you for all the excellent information you provide!  First Azamara cruise after 19 cruises on 5 other lines.

Thanks for the information - added to the spreadsheet. I assumed you were upgraded to a veranda cabin. I’m glad you find the information helpful.

Here’s the link to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

Sailing on Onward on 17th January, 10 night Caribbean sailing. Booked an obstructed oceanview on Deck 6. Bid $315 per person to upgrade to balcony. Informed on 11th January that our total bid of $630 had been successful. Allocated a V2 Veranda  on Deck 7 which we’re delighted about.  First ever experience of bidding for an upgrade. 

Edited by emerald6273
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

Sailing on Onward on 17th January, 10 night Caribbean sailing. Booked an obstructed oceanview on Deck 6. Bid $315 per person to upgrade to balcony. Informed on 11th January that our total bid of $630 had been successful. Allocated a V2 Veranda  on Deck 7 which we’re delighted about.  First ever experience of bidding for an upgrade. 

Thanks, information added to the spreadsheet. Can you tell me what your loyalty level is with Azamara? 

I have made a bid for my next cruise. As a discoverer plus member I have never received an upgrade from Azamara. We will see if this time works. My bid as a solo cruiser, has to be for double occupancy, this means the double. This limits how much I can bid. I will let you know if I am successful.

Ivi

• Like 3