Anyone with a Cabana rental in March or April at Coco Cay?

SAmome

Hoping someone can report back.

Cabanas reserved thru end of April had this description:

Escape to your private beachfront Cabana Club. Soak up the style and tranquility of this chic tropical paradise nestled in CocoCay from your very own private beach accessible cabana. Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment. ZCH5

Starting in May/June Perfect day, reservations now have this description:

This is the beach day you’ve been dreaming about— kicking back in your own private cabana with a direct ocean view. All your beach day favorites are here: powdery sand, crystal clear tropical waters, ice-cold drinks and fresh food right off the grill. Take chill to the next level in a private cabana, complete with resort-style chaise lounges, a lush sectional sofa, complimentary towels, nearby snacks at Chill Grill, and a dedicated cabana attendant. If you’re looking for adventure, you’ll find shore excursions like jet skiing and snorkel tours nearby.

I'd think it would be easy enough to still give the beach mats and snorkel equipment to honor the booked verbage but if the Chill Grill area is open I'm wondering if sometime in April they will discontinue the private "deluxe lunch buffet" so any reports back would be interesting to hear.  Maybe if the private lunch is still operating the workers there migcclunch.thumb.jpg.3b6aed0d2030019c300a635da95a6bee.jpght have inside knowledge on when that food area will be dismantled?  

• 3 weeks later...

How are we suppose to get there, I had a golf cart that were taking people directly to the zone. According to the new map there is a tram but it won’t get that close to it so I was wondering if they are going to suspend that private service 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

How are we suppose to get there, I had a golf cart that were taking people directly to the zone. According to the new map there is a tram but it won’t get that close to it so I was wondering if they are going to suspend that private service 

I hope they don't.  We're there in May and DH definitely needs assistance in getting there.  I will ask the Concierge what trans services there are when we get the email.  No trans, no go!

Edited by torpeedo

Reporting back. We had Cabana 8. This cabana was right on the water. Great location. We had a shuttle that took us to the Suite/cabana area.  The shuttle was just passed the straw market area.  Also if you wanted to go to another part of the island the shuttle would take you there.  We had an excellent day.  the buffet was very good,  steak,  chicken,  ribs,  burgers.  The only negative was the bar.  Just beer and CocoLocos.  We had 2 floating mats, 6 bottles of water,  2 snorkel sets.  We took our own snorkel equipment.  But they would shuttle you over to the snorkel area if you wanted to go there. My daughters snorkeled just off the beach in the cabana area and saw quite a few fish. This day was the best part of the cruise.  We haven't been to Coco cay in several years.  The Oasis pool was open but we did not go there.  You need to immediately go to the excursions desk upon boarding and choose your cabana.

Thank you for reporting back, yeah I agree 100% with your review the bar is terrible I had to walk to another bar to get my drinks and the line was huge. The new cabanas are going to have an attendant so they can grab your drink 😃

Oh wow, I'm very disappointed to hear about the poor bar service at the cabanas.  I was hoping for cabana pricing (we will be going before they are titled "Chill cabanas") we would have a little luxury when it came to the buffet lunch AND bar service. 

Some in our party don't drink either CocoLoco's or beer.  Shocking not to be able to get a simple rum and coke etc when we all have the "Deluxe" drink package and have reserved a "Deluxe Oceanview" cabana.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DVCcruise said:

Any recent Chill Island Cabana users?  

1 - Do we need to go pick our cabana when we bored?

2 - Is there a private lunch area/menu?

3 - How are the drink attendants?

Good questions. Hope someone chimes in.

Chill Island Cabana's start May 1st so I'm not sure how useful this info will be but just came back from Oceanview cabana which will be renamed Chill Island cabana.

I booked dining and then went to shore excursions early where I was able to pick my cabana (all cabanas showing as available approx noon boarding day). It was marking a piece of paper. I was surprised to see another ship docked alongside Mariner the next day so I wonder if having two ships there at once is why cabana assignment might happen behind the scenes going forward.  

We had a very nice private lunch that was available to Oceanview cabana renters and those in Suites.  Suites had the chairs available near the cabanas.  The Chill Island cabanas do not have private buffet in the description so this may not be something to expect going forward.

Bar service was very good, they were RCCL employees we saw at other venues, we tipped 20 cash right to start so that may have helped.