Current bar menu's?

ssmea03

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The US site is only quoting prices for US-based sailings, I see (unless they're charging the same prices for Med cruises, too, which is highly unlikely, given the difference in prices - especially for Premium and Prem+).  There's no point in consulting the "current" online brochure, either, as, according to the site, it was last updated in July last year!!  The new packages weren't introduced until November (and they're not included in the "current" UK brochure, either).

Doing a conversion calculation will give you a ball-park figure, but it's probably best to contact MSC directly and inquire there.  I haven't seen the prices in US$ on here, yet, for sailings where the onboard currency is Euros.  If you book onboard, obviously you'll be charged in Euros and will be at the mercy of the exchange rate at that time (as well as having to pay the 15% service charge).

Actually I booked the Med sailing 2 weeks ago on the US site, in USD..so now Im confused..would like to know if its cheaper for me to add it on in USD, or wait and add in euro onboard, but I cant find the price in euros

On 3/23/2019 at 10:56 AM, Beamafar said:

Hi Riana ... the menus on Seaview will be slightly different - the prices will be in Euros and the drinks packages are cheaper, too!  Premium is €39 pppd (it's $62 on US-based sailings!).

You can use OBC to purchase drinks packages.  Just be aware that you would have to wait 'til onboard to buy the package, which will incur a 15% service charge that can be avoided if bought before sailing (you can't offset OBC against pre-purchases).

Could I ask where you get that premium price from?  I have the Meraviglia booked for September 2019 for Northern Europe and the premium package under my booking is $62 per day.  Is it only those actually in Europe who can book those prices - or is that something you can actually buy onboard?

43 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Could I ask where you get that premium price from?  I have the Meraviglia booked for September 2019 for Northern Europe and the premium package under my booking is $62 per day.  Is it only those actually in Europe who can book those prices - or is that something you can actually buy onboard?

I have a Med cruise booked and that's the price being shown on my booking.  (€273 divided by 7 = €39)

929511480_ScreenShot2019-03-29at15_32_29.png.939ba2b3e12af6800cec63e98a2ae4ce.png

They should only be charging you the cheaper rate for a cruise where the onboard currency is Euros and should only be around $45 - drinks packages for US-based sailings are always more expensive (and more comprehensive).

Even purchasing onboard with the 15% added will be cheaper than what MSC are currently charging you (I think that may be a mistake, though.  They don't seem to have caught up with these new drinks packages, yet.  🙄)

Edited by Beamafar

32 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I have a Med cruise booked and that's the price being shown on my booking.  (€273 divided by 7 = €39)

929511480_ScreenShot2019-03-29at15_32_29.png.939ba2b3e12af6800cec63e98a2ae4ce.png

They should only be charging you the cheaper rate for a cruise where the onboard currency is Euros and should only be around $45 - drinks packages for US-based sailings are always more expensive (and more comprehensive).

Even purchasing onboard with the 15% added will be cheaper than what MSC are currently charging you (I think that may be a mistake, though.  They don't seem to have caught up with these new drinks packages, yet.  🙄)

Mine is absolutely showing the $62 USD per day.  I would say I would be better off to try and book onboard if we really got the lower cost.  Though I wonder if for some reason that is only for Non-US based customers?  I would absolutely wait to get onboard if it were the lower cost.  Even with the gratuity added that would still be less.  But it tell me it covers drinks in prices provided in Euros?

Edited by mom2tcdx2

12 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Mine is absolutely showing the $62 USD per day.  I would say I would be better off to try and book onboard if we really got the lower cost.  Though I wonder if for some reason that is only for Non-US based customers?  I would absolutely wait to get onboard if it were the lower cost.  Even with the gratuity added that would still be less.  But it tell me it covers drinks in prices provided in Euros?

I'd contact MSC if I were you.  They've always had price differences for the different regions and US customers always availed of the cheaper prices for European cruises.  I can't imagine that they'll charge you $62 for a package that's only worth approx $45.

I have to say, this is the first time I've seen this subject mentioned.  I've been curious as to what the US$ prices were for the new packages on itineraries where the onboard currency is Euros and was watching for someone to share the info here.  Seems that MSC hasn't adjusted the system to take account of the differing prices.

1 hour ago, slei15 said:

On the Seaside 3/16, many of the specialty bars did not have menus (Venchi, Seaside Bar, and others).  Apparently they are getting new menus again and they hadn't come in yet...

Someone needs to post these when they do come in. 😄

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread as you're discussing drinks package.  Contemplating booking our first MSC cruise on either Armonia or Seaside.  I thought the Easy drinks package of drinks up to $6 would cover Beefeater Gin, Prosecco and some beer varieties? Are all mojitos only on the Premium package?   Looked at the bar menu prices and the only mojitos I could see are over $6? 

16 minutes ago, harv2015 said:

Are all mojitos only on the Premium package?   Looked at the bar menu prices and the only mojitos I could see are over $6? 

Pretty much yes, unless they do a virgin one,  in which case you add your own shot of bacardi. This table should help.

1602744859_BevPackageSpecs.thumb.png.795de913771826cb803a8f281a8fca30.png

Thanks so much for this. Really helpful!  I phoned MSC UK directly and they told me Prosecco wasn't included with the Easy package? I only drink Prosecco, Pina Colada cocktails, an odd Mojito and Beefeater Gin and Tonic whilst cruising.  Thinking Easy package might meet my requirements. 

Just another quick question? I'm not adverse to kids (hey I had 2 of my own and have a little grandaughter) but like to escape large amounts of them whilst sunbathing.  We don't sunbathe around the ship pool as we find it too warm and gravitate towards the higher sunbathing decks on other cruiselines.  Are there similar areas on MSC ships, perhaps higher up away from the pool that you can sunbathe on where the kids don't hang out without paying for a B3 balcony cabin which includes the Aurea private sundeck?

Edited by harv2015
insert

Just now, ssmea03 said:

You can buy a day pass to the Aurea sundeck, it's first come first served though.

Any idea how much the day passes cost and where on board to you buy them?  Reminds me of the Vibe area on board the newer NCL ships.

1 hour ago, harv2015 said:

Any idea how much the day passes cost and where on board to you buy them?  Reminds me of the Vibe area on board the newer NCL ships.

No sorry, 3 years ago on Divina it was $10 and you paid at the entrance 

2 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

Pretty much yes, unless they do a virgin one,  in which case you add your own shot of bacardi. This table should help.

The only thing that confuses me is the fact that the attached chart indicates that the 'connoisseurs' selection is excluded from premium (only premium plus), yet when you look at the various menu's posted around, most of the drinks in the connoisseurs section are under the $12 limit...

drinks package guide.pdf

15 minutes ago, dwade1901 said:

The only thing that confuses me is the fact that the attached chart indicates that the 'connoisseurs' selection is excluded from premium (only premium plus), yet when you look at the various menu's posted around, most of the drinks in the connoisseurs section are under the $12 limit...

drinks package guide.pdf 577.22 kB · 0 downloads

My guess would be, they want to make the connoisseurs selection exclusive to P+ for marketing reasons.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got the Premium Plus package and used room service or the mini bar?
Mini Bar what is it stocked with and can you ask to switch products out for what you like?

Room service can you order alcohol like in the Yacht Club room service? (Asking for a friend 😊)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, THIS IS US! said:

Has anyone got the Premium Plus package and used room service or the mini bar?
Mini Bar what is it stocked with and can you ask to switch products out for what you like?

Room service can you order alcohol like in the Yacht Club room service? (Asking for a friend 😊)

We've had the Prem+ package a couple of times, now (though both times when in YC, where the mini-bar and room service were included, anyway).  However, up until this current crisis, you could order drinks from room service with Prem+.  It'll be interesting to see what, if any, changes MSC makes to their drinks packages when they finally get to sail again.

MSC had made some changes to how the minibar was being stocked on their newer ships - until people start cruising again, nobody knows how the minibars will be stocked in the future.  I'm expecting quite a few changes to be made to the way things were done onboard before this pandemic.  Cruise companies will have a lot of losses to make up for and drinks packages/mini-bar contents, etc are going to be target areas for increasing revenues IMHO.

Beamafar these were my thoughts as well. Except this will be my first MSC Cruise and we are getting P+. Hopefully they will just ask or give us a menu to mark what we want in the minibar so many hands do not touch all the things they have no desire to drink.