Poor Bid

Tucson Rick

Has anyone been upgraded to the Haven with a Poor Bid?

How about a Fair Bid?

How about a Good bid were you low or high on the meter if your bid was accepted?

Anyone that's bid please tell me your story!

Thank you,

Rick 

My story is that we always bid low, in the poor range and so far have never been successful. I have heard others say that they bid low and they get it. Right now we are in a Balcony ( mid ship) and we are bidding on a spa mini suite or spa balcony, we will see what happens. We are just not willing to play they game as NCL wants it, LOL maybe that's why we have not been upgraded...:classic_rolleyes:😅

Thanks I'm sorta doing the same thing but going for the haven. Poor seems like a insult Fair maybe? I started at fair then went to good in the middle then up just a little for a better chance. I figure strong and excellent is almost a given. Might be my first and last so if I get a 9k cruise for 5700 I'd be happy till the Bill's comes lol

Good luck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tucson Rick said:

Thanks I'm sorta doing the same thing but going for the haven. Poor seems like a insult Fair maybe? I started at fair then went to good in the middle then up just a little for a better chance. I figure strong and excellent is almost a given. Might be my first and last so if I get a 9k cruise for 5700 I'd be happy till the Bill's comes lol

Good luck

I know a couple who bid for the Haven Spa Suite, the requirement was 500 dollars minimum well they bid 600 ( each)  and they got it. I think it has to do with availability and the amount you paid for your stateroom initially. I wish you good luck too. 

1 hour ago, Tucson Rick said:

Good luck

Has nothing to do with being an "insult". It has to do with supply and demand. 

Consider, on the newer ships, like the Bliss, there are 1395 staterooms of the 1963 non-Haven rooms are eligible to bid on Haven rooms. It only takes a few of those rooms to bid, to grab rooms at something over a poor bid. There are only 80 Haven rooms, most sold for retail price. Just a few will be left for upgrades. 

But, if you start bidding in the GOOD range, it is sometimes cheaper to just pay the retail price of your upgrade. And, you'll get all of the free at sea promotions.  

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I know a couple who bid for the Haven Spa Suite, the requirement was 500 dollars minimum well they bid 600 ( each)  and they got it. I think it has to do with availability and the amount you paid for your stateroom initially. I wish you good luck too. 

Huh Yea I know they gave out some already that's pretty good, just to get a hi Fair or Good on the meter was about 1000 each by the time I bid. Maybe I bid to much lol

I made 4 bids, Fwd, Aft, Spa and courtyard with balcony. But I faked booked and it came to 9k for the rear facing, so for me 5500 if I get that one. I actually bid more than my cruise which was 2300

If I got FWD or a Rear facing Penthouse I would still be happy there's always someone getting a better deal Heck I might not want to leave the room and just enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for your input maybe I'll lower my spa bid although it was about the same price when I checked as the FWD facing Penthouse. Go with gut and leave it alone, it's my Bday 🙂 

We went from a mid ship mini suite to Haven Penthouse on a “poor” bid, just 200 over the minimum. There were 3 of us, so we only got charged for two. Also, we heard about our upgrade 3 weeks out! It was a very exciting moment for me 🙂

Downside, and it’s true, I no longer want to sail in anything but the Haven! The reeled me in with my lowball bid,  now I’m stuck! 

We booked late last year and could only get a mini. We did bid for a penthouse but low because any higher would have been more than what these cabin were going for at the start :). That's how they get some folk's you can get some of these cabins for less if you book at the start. Didn't matter we couldn't get an aft suite either way none left for open booking and the 150. each we bid (3 of us kids sail free not offered) just wasn't enough it was the lowest on the scale they had on the offer. My issue with this was if they didn't have any penthouse suites left when I booked where did the cabins come from for the bids.

Will not bother again just wanted to try. 

It COMPLETELY depends upon the ship and the sailing date as to what kind of bids are accepted.  There is no rule of thumb.  

I've upgraded twice from the lowest balcony category to the Haven (one courtyard, on spa suite) on New Year's Eve cruises, with bids in the low end of GOOD.   I'm very doubtful any lower bid would have been accepted for the high-demand sailing.  In fact, didn't think I was going to get the second one but it came through at literally 48 hours prior to sailing.  We were lucky because the Havens were selling for THOUSANDS more than what our bid amount was.  For other sailing dates, Haven rooms are half the cost of what they are for holiday sailings, so MAYBE a lesser bid would work, if they are available.

Good luck with your bids!