Navigator Reno Question - cabins

We were in cabin 7525, and it had fresh new carpets and a new sofa, as did all the other cabins I saw. The whole ship had new carpets throughout. 

The room wasn't 100% perfect as there were some tiny marks on the walls but it smelt like a brand new room and was in general very clean. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious about this too. When we sailed on the Mariner years ago, the sofa bed in the balcony cabins was really just a sofa whose back laid flat and they put a bedding pallet on top of it. Super uncomrtable even for kids - and small. Does Navigator have the same? I thought I saw that it got actual sofabeds, with mattresses that unfold, but I can’t find it anywhere now. 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, SarahD112 said:

I’m curious about this too. When we sailed on the Mariner years ago, the sofa bed in the balcony cabins was really just a sofa whose back laid flat and they put a bedding pallet on top of it. Super uncomrtable even for kids - and small. Does Navigator have the same? I thought I saw that it got actual sofabeds, with mattresses that unfold, but I can’t find it anywhere now. 

I hope you are right as we are planning on using the sofabed on our trip

1 hour ago, mom2two2 said:

I hope you are right as we are planning on using the sofabed on our trip

You might want to call - I couldn’t find anything that confirmed actual sofabeds. The family staterooms that sleep six had true, unfolding, mattress-inside-of-them sofabeds. But the balcony cabin had the lay flat sofa back that the room steward put bedding on. My 8 year old was uncomfortable. It would be way too small for more than one teenager or adult, in my opinion. 

We had three inside cabins deck 8 forward.  All had new carpet and what appeared to be new TV's.  The drawers, and bathroom appeared untouched.

Not sure if our chairs or sofas were replaced, but they looked very clean.

Bedding was nice.  I assume it was new but couldn't tell.  Beds were comfortable.  Didn't feel hard.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher