Do people board the ship sick???

dje27

38 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

I once boarded a cruise after a bout of food poisoning. I knew right away when I bit into the Pincho that I had made a terrible mistake and sure enough, a long sad night. 

You have my complete sympathy. I had a similar experience with a fish entree in Venice. I too had a long, sad night, but felt fine by morning (except for having had perhaps two hours sleep). I boarded the ship, and enjoyed my Mediterranean cruise without further perturbations, though it took a few days before I could contemplate a fish entrée with equanimity😉

Edited by Silkroad

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recently on arrival in Busan, Korea they had thermal camera that all passengers had to walk through to get off the ship.   The signs indicated it was to prevent sick passengers from entering the country.   Was the first time I have ever seen this.  

They have them in Cuba as well.

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recently on arrival in Busan, Korea they had thermal camera that all passengers had to walk through to get off the ship.   The signs indicated it was to prevent sick passengers from entering the country.   Was the first time I have ever seen this.  

That’s very interesting. I wonder how (or if) it works.

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

From our perspective if you cruise 7 days or less, you probably won't hear a lot of coughing. Now if your cruises are 8-12 days long, take notice when you're sitting in a common area if the number of coughers don't seem to start increasing around day 7. If you are on a 2 week or long cruise and not a B2B, things should start getting back to normal around day 14.

Of course, that's just from personal observation. But just like an ex-smoker can tell if someone is still a smoker by those distinct odors, I pay attention to coughers because I used to be one of those "men" that didn't really focus on good hygienic practices while on a cruise and I would usually wind up with a good dose of bronchitis with symptoms starting to appear (scratchy throat, etc.) when we would head home after a 7 day cruise. But after being on a 14 day cruise, with 12 of those days in a code red norovirus state, I developed a whole new appreciation for personal hygiene, one BTW my DW had been practicing the whole time and would only get sick after I of course gave it to her. But, these are just my observationss while others might be different.

Huh, I had not thought of things that way.  I think your observations are very perceptive.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

More time to relax and usually a better itinerary, that is all.

Gotcha.  For me one week is too short.  Two weeks is just about perfect.  Three weeks is about my limit.  

• Like 1