B2B in Fort Lauderdale - how long do we have to leave the ship?

UniPac

Hi all!

Topic says it all. We have done b2b in Sydney but that‘s totally different as you dock right in the city and as we don‘t visit Sydney so often like Miami/FLL.

As the port itself has not much to offer (at least from what I know) I wonder about the regulations. How long do we have to leave the ship and wait outside? It was a few hours in Sydney, but we didnt care as we have treated it like a port day. It will be different in Fort Lauderdale - I think you cant even walk around as you like.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by UniPac

They will walk you off the ship, show your passport to customs, and turn around and walk back on the ship. It really is very simple. You will be given a time and meeting place for the "turn-around" day. Enjoy!

If you wish to grab a cab and go sightseeing, you are more than welcome to do that as well. There is nothing at the port other than lots of other ships and traffic! :classic_ohmy:

Edited by gimletgal

UniPac, when we did a B2B on Celebrity, it was close to just briefly walking off, being handed our new cards, and then returning to the ship.  The exchange was  close to the gangway.  We may have waited 10 minutes at the most.  I think it depends on whether anyone is still wandering around the ship.(inconsiderate guests not paying attention ?).  

My recollection was that it was painless and enjoyable.

For us the whole “operation” took from our 9:30 am meeting time on board the ship until getting back on at approx. 10:30 am.  The longest wait was on board before they walked us off because some inconsiderate disembarking passengers hadn’t left the ship yet - despite numerous “last call” announcements over the PA system. 

Thanks, sounds like it will be easy to just wait and re-board. In Sydney we had to clear the ship for some hours, that's why I asked.

Also no need for sightseeing as we have been to FLL many times and will be there pre-cruise aswell.