Seven Seas Splendor Suites

Eno-Bob

Very interesting article.  I see that the only suite that is not being "re-designed" by a new decorator is the Grand suite.  I wonder why?  And having read Ronrick's comments on his time in a Grand Suite on Explorer I do hope they get rid of the over-sized and badly shaped chair in the sitting room!!  Looks like something that once I sat in it I could not get out of it!!

11 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Very interesting article.  I see that the only suite that is not being "re-designed" by a new decorator is the Grand suite.  I wonder why?  And having read Ronrick's comments on his time in a Grand Suite on Explorer I do hope they get rid of the over-sized and badly shaped chair in the sitting room!!  Looks like something that once I sat in it I could not get out of it!!

Still think that the bedroom and bathroom in the Grand suite is wonderful.  The furniture was just a bit too big in our suite (1200).  In general, seating for guests, etc. is not as spacious on Explorer (and likely Splendor) when compared to the two top suites on Oceania's Riviera.  I make this comparison since you are familiar with these suites.

I was very disappointed in the balcony/terrace space in the Owners Suite on Riviera.  It was a lot better in the Vista suite on the same ship.   On the other hand - I loved the bar/living/dining space in the Owners Suite - not to mention the bedroom and bathrooms which were wonderful.  Vista Suite bedroom was fine  but not huge and the silly "gym" space was only used for storing cushions from the terrace.  I AM really looking forward to the terrace in the Grand Suite we have booked on Splendour.  As you know, Jackie, it is an aft suite (RonRick wrote about it from their cruise on the Explorer).   Dining table looks large enough for 6.  For the rest having two bathrooms is very important to us.    We don't cruise often.  Maybe every 3 years or so.  But that is because we want to have this kind of suite.  So - I am still  "saving my pennies"  !!

Gerry

• Like 1

Hambagahle, having the 2 bathrooms is important to us too.  I thought we’d have to forget about another Regent cruise, but you’be inspired me to start saving those pennies too!  I certainly can’t go back to mainstream!  😊

21 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I was very disappointed in the balcony/terrace space in the Owners Suite on Riviera.  It was a lot better in the Vista suite on the same ship.   On the other hand - I loved the bar/living/dining space in the Owners Suite - not to mention the bedroom and bathrooms which were wonderful.  Vista Suite bedroom was fine  but not huge and the silly "gym" space was only used for storing cushions from the terrace.  I AM really looking forward to the terrace in the Grand Suite we have booked on Splendour.  As you know, Jackie, it is an aft suite (RonRick wrote about it from their cruise on the Explorer).   Dining table looks large enough for 6.  For the rest having two bathrooms is very important to us.    We don't cruise often.  Maybe every 3 years or so.  But that is because we want to have this kind of suite.  So - I am still  "saving my pennies"  !!

Gerry

Dining will hold 6, but nicer with 4.  Also the bathroom in the Aft isn't the one they show in the photo.  Shower doesn't have full glass window looking out.  But still a very nice bathroom.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Dining will hold 6, but nicer with 4.  Also the bathroom in the Aft isn't the one they show in the photo.  Shower doesn't have full glass window looking out.  But still a very nice bathroom.

OK  - so no one will see me naked in the shower!!   How is the balcony?  From the limited photos I have seen it looks rather nice...

38 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

OK  - so no one will see me naked in the shower!!   How is the balcony?  From the limited photos I have seen it looks rather nice...

I think the balcony in the aft is super good, very nice, big, well placed, nice setting--in other words one of the best decks on the ship.  Did I say we enjoyed it?

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Interestingly, Grand Suite 1200 does have a full glass window looking out.  Another difference between aft and forward suites.

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Interestingly, Grand Suite 1200 does have a full glass window looking out.  Another difference between aft and forward suites.

Don't recall the Grand Suite number we had, it was in the back but it did not have a shower window--I remember this because after seeing it in the brochure - I really wanted it, but it wasn't a big deal.

Either 784 or 785 ronrick -- those are the only two Grand Suites in the stern.  We have 785.    With a cruise in the tropics I am really looking forward to the balcony!  (but not "the chair!"!)

When we were in the Owners Suite on Riviera the bathroom had a full door to the balcony - glass of course.  Luckily for the most part we were at sea (it was a TA) but in port I had to remind myself to pull the blind!