Enchanment, refrigerators and shower questions?

I was reading reviews and it seems the inside and oceanview cabins do not have refrigerators in them.  I also read there were showers with moldy curtains and the water gets everywhere.

Does anyone know if any of the cabins have refrigerators in them?  Maybe the balcony cabins have refrigerators?  Suites?

Also, the showers.  Do any of the cabins have showers with the closed doors?  

I have never been on a ship this small and want to give it a try.  Thanks for any input.

I know the JS staterooms have coolers, and I would assume that the other suites also have them.

The staterooms in the new section have the shower doors.

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 083 and 568 to 583, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

I was reading reviews and it seems the inside and oceanview cabins do not have refrigerators in them.  I also read there were showers with moldy curtains and the water gets everywhere.

Does anyone know if any of the cabins have refrigerators in them?  Maybe the balcony cabins have refrigerators?  Suites?

Also, the showers.  Do any of the cabins have showers with the closed doors?  

I have never been on a ship this small and want to give it a try.  Thanks for any input.

Have never stayed in an interior or oceanview on Enchantment, so don't know about coolers (I wouldn't classify any in cabin appliance as a refrigerator), but they are in all of the balcony and suite cabins. The only cabins that have shower doors are in the section of the ship that was added when Enchantment was stretched

The rest have curtains, but we have never encountered a moldy one. They do not, however, do a good job of keeping the water inside of the shower tube.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rcprncss said:

Orville and Clarea, Thank you for the information.  That is very helpful.  I bet those cabins were taken first.  LOL.  Thanks.

Not necessarily, most people would not even know about the stretch and difference in showers.

• Like 1

Have not sailed on Enchantment, but sailed on her sister ship, Rhapsody. We were in an oceanview room and you are correct, no refrigerator and no shower door. We did have a moldy shower curtain which caused both of us to have allergy issues. Once we realized it was the culprit, we asked to have it changed out.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Have not sailed on Enchantment, but sailed on her sister ship, Rhapsody. We were in an oceanview room and you are correct, no refrigerator and no shower door. We did have a moldy shower curtain which caused both of us to have allergy issues. Once we realized it was the culprit, we asked to have it changed out.  

Have to be nitpicky here, but the twin of Enchantment is Grandeur. 

Vision class was really 3 twins:

Splendour & Legend

Grandeur & Enchantment

Rhapsody & Vision

There are fairly significant differences between the three types.

• Like 1

Just wanted to remind everyone of the old trick to deal with the shower curtains.  Take clothespins and affix them to the bottom of the curtain.  They weigh it down and keep it within the confines of the shower.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Have to be nitpicky here, but the twin of Enchantment is Grandeur. 

Vision class was really 3 twins:

Splendour & Legend

Grandeur & Enchantment

Rhapsody & Vision

There are fairly significant differences between the three types.

Enchantment and Rhapsody were also built in different shipyards by (at that time) different companies. The first set of twins, Splendour and Legend, are now sailing under the Marella name (formerly TUI).