Does Ruby have the medallions?

onelessbelltoanswer

I know the Ruby has the new meddallionnet internet service but can anyone tell me if it also has the new medallions or if it is still using the cards? We will be on it in May and I wanted to know if I should bring my old standard the lanyard for the cruise card or if I should get the little fitbit wristbands for the medallion?

Thanks!

Off the Ruby 2 wks ago ... no Medallion yet ... but the reader-panels next to your cabin door are installed and operational to unlock your door when your card is touched to the panel.

Don't know what type of lanyard you have ... but be aware that you cannot punch a hole in your card and expect that it will work.  The shops sell lanyards with plastic sleeves for your card.

Edited by pms4104

No and is not planned to in the near future.

PRINCESS MEDALLIONCLASS™

Now on Caribbean Princess® and coming soon to Regal Princess® (2/17/19), Royal Princess® (4/13/19), Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess℠ (6/19/20).

5 hours ago, onelessbelltoanswer said:

I know the Ruby has the new meddallionnet internet service but can anyone tell me if it also has the new medallions or if it is still using the cards? We will be on it in May and I wanted to know if I should bring my old standard the lanyard for the cruise card or if I should get the little fitbit wristbands for the medallion?

Thanks!

It is still in the process of being finished.

• 5 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, onelessbelltoanswer said:

Thanks!

Ruby is scheduled to become a Medallion class January 2020. However, I suspect some part of that class might be available sooner. Which parts is anyone's guess unless someone has sailed on her recently.