Do you believe all the negative reviews?

Stoffel1982

1 hour ago, Annapolisr said:

I bring diet Snapple raspberry tea with me for a refresh at pool.  That way,I can make my liking, which is not too sweet.  I buy it at the dollar store, individually wrapped.  

Does MSC allow people to bring in tea/water or wine?

True about other cruise lines letting people fill water bottles in the buffet. But other cruise lines also give you water in the MDR. At no extra cost.

Edited by DeckLife
Out of order with response.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:42 PM, Arzeena said:

Yes. We have had multiple problems with their systems and with most of their reps.

We enjoy their ships and have no complaints about the food or anything on board. But the land based service is the worst we have ever seen. The reps we keep getting are rude and insulting. Also watch your credit card with them. They have charged my card two times within a couple of days for a cruise and are just horrible about getting it rectified. No, they are not pending charges that will drop. They have taken money out twice and one of the reps literally told me "there is nothing we can do about that". We will take back our business to NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and the other cruise lines who have not given us such troubles. I am very thoroughly disappointed in MSC's land based customer service out of Florida. I was so excited about going on their lovely ships, but the stress of dealing with the cs is not worth it....evrrrry freaking time!

Ok. Yesterday finally got my hubby's account registered and booking linked, but couldn't input his VC number. It worked today. I guess one transaction a day hahaha. Still can't get my account registered, but it's ok.  Thanks for the info about the credit card. Hope you'll get reimbursed soon.

There have been several posts of folks putting water bottles in luggage and backpacks. 6 bels I believe and having no issues. Read thru threads to review and ascertain if You feel like trying.  Also, diet Snapple that I use is in powdered form.  Personally, I am not risk adverse.   So, If they feel like yanking that, They can have at it.  Oh, what a story that would make..and the press release.    I lose more drinks at airports.  Lol. It’s all good tho.

• Like 1

The posts concerning no water in the MDR surprise me because we were on the Divina (out of Miami, FL) in February and were served water at every meal in the MDR.  Since it was poured from a pitcher, I assume it was "tap water", not from a bottle.  My only complaint was that it was served room temperature without ice.  I suppose it's rather like being served cellar/room temp beer in English pubs.  We Americans seem to prefer it ice cold!    Is it possible that the practice/policy on water differs by ship and/or region? 

On 3/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, T.O.cruisers said:

People are more inclined to post a negative review than a favourable review. Go with an open mind.

We sailed the Armonia on April 25. We had a great time! We enjoyed the Marco Polo dining room for evening meals but did not get the expected service in the dining room at breakfast the first morning, so we went to the buffet for breakfast after that day. The dinner food was better than we anticipated after seeing pictures posted of dry fish and shriveled up key lime pie. I only ordered them because our waiter recommended them as “very good this evening” and they were. When I ordered the pecan crusted snapper the first elegant night, the waiter said it was “not as good as usual this evening” and directed me to beef rounds, which were excellent without the sauce I opted to skip. I believe MSC is making an effort to address the criticisms set forth on CC. The Cruise Critic party was well attended so others also heard their promise to attempt to provide good experiences for their guests. We will sail MSC again for the right itinerary and price.

US pax here, just got off Divina. Contract clearly stated mineral water at lunch and dinner. Had to fight bartenders, service desk and call over a supervisor for the first 4 days to get water, and every time they gave it to me I watched as they slid my card thru register, each time I got the recpt it was zeroed out w/o the bartender having to go to any lengths. Tells me the computer was already set up for no charge but they fought me. Many other small nagging complaints, too much to go on about and many already covered here. I was comparing it to driving a Fiat, never 100%

Edited by bones774

We were on last week's sailing.  I'll be writing up a review for our room that will address other stuff that I think gets glossed over.  This was my favorite of 6 cruises.  I stood next to a couple at the services desk who was chewing out the rep about how awful the cruise was.  How can 2 groups have such different experiences?  Beats me, although it could be that we had the Aurea experience. But I tend to think it's the difference in how people travel, though.  If you are the type who wants to recreate your home experience, then this line isn't going to give you 100% what you want.  If you are the type who is open to new experiences, this line will be wonderful.  When we're in Europe, we want to stay in a hotel or apartment that reflects the local area and eat where locals eat.  The flip side to that is a person who travels to Paris and stays in a Sheraton because it's familiar and eats at McDonald's because they know they'll like the food.  Why even travel if you don't want to experience something new?

I talked to another dissatisfied passenger who compared the experience to a Disney cruise and said Disney wins hands down.  Well, Disney is 2-3 times what this cruise is and that's comparing a balcony cabin on Disney to a 2-bedroom suite on MSC.  He thought it was worth paying that much more.  I'll gladly take 2 to 3 MSC cruises any day over 1 Disney cruise.  But again, that goes back to someone wanting to pay for familiarity.   

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cathep said:

We were on last week's sailing.  I'll be writing up a review for our room that will address other stuff that I think gets glossed over.  This was my favorite of 6 cruises.  I stood next to a couple at the services desk who was chewing out the rep about how awful the cruise was.  How can 2 groups have such different experiences?  Beats me, although it could be that we had the Aurea experience. But I tend to think it's the difference in how people travel, though.  If you are the type who wants to recreate your home experience, then this line isn't going to give you 100% what you want.  If you are the type who is open to new experiences, this line will be wonderful.  When we're in Europe, we want to stay in a hotel or apartment that reflects the local area and eat where locals eat.  The flip side to that is a person who travels to Paris and stays in a Sheraton because it's familiar and eats at McDonald's because they know they'll like the food.  Why even travel if you don't want to experience something new?

I talked to another dissatisfied passenger who compared the experience to a Disney cruise and said Disney wins hands down.  Well, Disney is 2-3 times what this cruise is and that's comparing a balcony cabin on Disney to a 2-bedroom suite on MSC.  He thought it was worth paying that much more.  I'll gladly take 2 to 3 MSC cruises any day over 1 Disney cruise.  But again, that goes back to someone wanting to pay for familiarity.   

there is a huge amount of reviews along the line of this cruise was nothing like RCI, Norwegian etc etc... 

well no it wouldn't be would it, surely if you wanted a cruise that was like another cruise line you would just book with that other cruise line.

• Like 2

Complaints about service and CSR have nothing to do with it being a Euro line. Disembarkation/embarkation disaster have anything to do with it being euro? I called several times down to service desk, never spoke with anyone and was auto disconnect, had the future cruise director dial right in front of me, same thing, is that a Euro thing?That's the basis for many of these complaints. One hand not knowing what the other was doing.

22 hours ago, bones774 said:

Complaints about service and CSR have nothing to do with it being a Euro line. Disembarkation/embarkation disaster have anything to do with it being euro? I called several times down to service desk, never spoke with anyone and was auto disconnect, had the future cruise director dial right in front of me, same thing, is that a Euro thing?That's the basis for many of these complaints. One hand not knowing what the other was doing.

I didn't find the service different from RCL, Celebrity, or Princess. I think that's based on expectations.

Embarkation and disembarkation are 4 hours out of your cruise. Why let that affect your overall enjoyment of your cruise?

Service desk is a pain and the 800 number is a joke. But again, why let that determine your enjoyment of your cruise?

6 hours ago, cathep said:

I didn't find the service different from RCL, Celebrity, or Princess. I think that's based on expectations.

Embarkation and disembarkation are 4 hours out of your cruise. Why let that affect your overall enjoyment of your cruise?

Service desk is a pain and the 800 number is a joke. But again, why let that determine your enjoyment of your cruise?

I didn't let it interfere with cruise and did enjoy the cruise, but when you want to compare lines these things are what to compare and that's just a small part of service complaints. It's inexcusable not to be able to ring service desk or get customer service on 800 line. The other lines answer phones so they are different.                                                       4 important hours out of your cruise when trying to make max out of short port days and excursions!

On 3/21/2019 at 8:30 PM, Stoffel1982 said:

Hi there

We will be sailing with the MSC Meraviglia in a few weeks. The ship looks absolutely stunning and I can't wait to explore and experience it myself!

Overall, the reviews are great, but some are negative. I read that some people even cancel a cruise (whatever cruiseline...) based on opinions of others. That's kind of sad, no? Everyone likes something different. What I do not appreciate is that someone totally defames a ship. A lady wrote that she didn't like anything about the ships: the decor, the food, service, etc. Some people do not like all the glitter and glamour. I hate it when they discourage a cruiseline when they don't even know what they're talking about.

What is your opinion on this matter?

Can I just say that the ships are all modern  and cannot fault them. However, on our 31st Jan sailing on Meraviglia, I contacted food poisoning from my first meal in the restaurant. Not sure what caused it, but it could only have been bouibase soup, or paella, as that was the only food I ate. Ruined the whole vacation, and MSC would not refund my drinks package although I could only drink water. Customer Services were adsolutely no help whatsoever. 

It's soooooo subjective.  We've been on a particular cruise and after we returned I went on line to see other people's reviews.  The ranged for "awful" to "excellent"  for the same cruise.  Sometimes  you can glean  a little more information about one particular aspect of a ship, but on  a whole, I don't put too much credence in any on specific  review. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, davenew said:

Can I just say that the ships are all modern  and cannot fault them. However, on our 31st Jan sailing on Meraviglia, I contacted food poisoning from my first meal in the restaurant. Not sure what caused it, but it could only have been bouibase soup, or paella, as that was the only food I ate. Ruined the whole vacation, and MSC would not refund my drinks package although I could only drink water. Customer Services were adsolutely no help whatsoever. 

How do you know you got food poisoning from the MSC food?

did you visit the doctor and get tests done to say it was a particular bacteria you had contracted? and it found present onboard ?  Were other guests on board also struck down?

I would expect hundreds  of passengers if it was the MSC food . 

Or are you just guessing it was the food you ate??? there are many types of food poisoning bacteria that can take varying amount of time to effect you from days to just hours, and many other things that can cause symptoms of sickness and diarrhea that are not food poisoning.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1