Why does Celebrity keep selling Sky Suite Guarantees?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I may be in the same time frame as you.   It is 3 weeks until our cruise and still have not gotten an assignment.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I may be in the same time frame as you.   It is 3 weeks until our cruise and still have not gotten an assignment.

I just felt that they were trying as hard as they could not to give me anything better than a CS. I should say that we were happy with the CS when it came.

We only got our room assignment during a 7 day cruise on the Reflection which ended a day before the Eclipse cruise (which was the one that we had the CS guarantee on).

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a Suite Guarantee booked currently that when I booked it was being offered with both all 4 Perks as well as no perks (for $400 pp less). 

Thank you for the confirmation.  I was really mistaken about the GTY rules, but now I know.  I bet you went with the Best option, even if you do not think alcohol yourself..  Enjoy.

Edited by jagoffee

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I reckon that Celebrity were going round all the Celebrity Suites until they got someone to pay extra to upgrade. We did get one of the better rooms 1618 with the bigger balcony although I now prefer those on deck 10. 

Just off the silhouette.  We originally booked an s2 but moved up to a Celebrity suite.  We found out about 5 days before the sailing date.  We were very happy!  Since we already had the all in perks, the only thing we didn't get were the additional captains club points- Still paid much less then if we originally booked a Celebrity suite.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 1