Which beach to choose?

freakatck

We will be in Cozumel with 2 kids ages 3 and 7. I am trying to decide which beach out of these will be best for us: paradise beach, Playa Azul or Playa Palancar. We aren’t interested in snorkeling or AI, just looking for a beach day. Apparently there will be 4 ships that day. Anybody have any advice? 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:56 AM, JohninDC said:

Paradise Beach has water toys and a HUGE pool, plus great facilites. That would be my choice.

That’s what I was leaning towards, but with 4 ships do you think it can get overcrowded? 

We were recently at Playa Palancar. It was nice. Low key, no loud music or beach games. If your kids are content to play on the shore I’d recommend it. It’s about  the farthest beach club from town so if you’re going by taxi it’d be more expensive to get there than some of the others. 

• 3 weeks later...

we were so happy at Playa Palankar last week. Nice sandy beach, no loud music, not all inclusive (a big thing for us - we don't do all inclusive), $10 for a 2 chair/1 umbrella set up. No food/drink purchase necessary, but we ended up getting 2 bottled sodas and 2 22 oz margaritas ($2.50 per soda and $10 each margarita).

No wifi. Not overly crowded either.

The water was shallow and clear. Loved it!

No big water toys.

$25 taxi each way from RCI's terminal. There were 3 of us.

There was a strong fried fish smell for a while, but after some time we stopped noticing it.

20190403_102943.jpg

20190403_102950.jpg

20190403_102955.jpg

20190403_103752.jpg

20190403_104418.jpg

20190403_120424 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 3/22/2019 at 9:25 PM, freakatck said:

We will be in Cozumel with 2 kids ages 3 and 7. I am trying to decide which beach out of these will be best for us: paradise beach, Playa Azul or Playa Palancar. We aren’t interested in snorkeling or AI, just looking for a beach day. Apparently there will be 4 ships that day. Anybody have any advice? 

4 ships is nothing in Cozumel.

Paradise has the best pool by far if that is important and shortest ride. Palancar probably has biggest beach area, no pool but is not as crammed with loungers. Azul is smaller areas with smaller pool and small climbing frame but rocky and more geared to snorkeling.

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

4 ships is nothing in Cozumel.

Paradise has the best pool by far if that is important and shortest ride. Palancar probably has biggest beach area, no pool but is not as crammed with loungers. Azul is smaller areas with smaller pool and small climbing frame but rocky and more geared to snorkeling.

Thanks, I’ve decided on paradise beach.