Medallion ships; cruise cards still required to leave and return?

dcrow72

1 hour ago, chinita415 said:

Thanks for the info. Will see how this works on the Royal in a few weeks. Wonder if they stay on. 

The bracelets looked like they did not come off...not a choking issue.  Similar to bracelets issued to kids on Disney cruise.

We were on an eastern and western Caribbean cruise on the Regal in Jan/Feb and the port security in 2 of the ports were not interested in the medallions, they only wanted to see a cruise card.  I didn't have my cruise card with me the first time but thankfully had a photocopy of my passport which they accepted.  Sorry but I can't remember which ports.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:09 AM, Lucky TGO said:

I remember receiving our Ocean Medallions 7 days before the cruise. Our cruise cards were given to us by our cabin steward.

We were on the Caribbean Princess in January.

Tony

76A48BDD-6757-4221-BE7C-D0EDC62555DB.jpeg

Our medallions from Caribbean March 8  to 23 sailing did not state Captain Circle level on it..Just the center of medallions had different colors. The first week cards were issued but the second week went total medallion, unless you had a pace maker. Which posed the question, what happens to a pace maker in a very crowded elevator with 10 medallions hanging from lanyards?

2 hours ago, polmcs said:

Good to know that 12 days is the limit. We get off the Star on Nov 4 and will be newly minted elites. We board the Royal on Nov 23rd so we have a few days to make sure that the progress to elite status is recorded and then order the medallions with the correct status showing.

You will need to contact Princess to have the Elite status put into your existing future booking(s).

Although the Captain's Circle will show your new status soon after your Star cruise ends, the system does not automatically change the CC status on existing future bookings.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:37 AM, lx200gps said:

image.png.5a826ece7cdbfd5991a38b664ad2e3ca.png

Longtime Princess cruisers will remember the times that boarding passes, luggage tags, Cruise Answer Book, etc. arrived in the mail several weeks before a cruise. Thus the now obsolete "documentation dance."

Based on the above photo, the arrival of the Medallion box results in the same reaction that the mailed documents did. Look at all those happy smiles.

21 hours ago, caribill said:

You will need to contact Princess to have the Elite status put into your existing future booking(s).

Although the Captain's Circle will show your new status soon after your Star cruise ends, the system does not automatically change the CC status on existing future bookings.

Thank you. Good to know. 🙂