Type: Oceanview (with Portholes)

Category: OE
Deck: 14 (Riviera)
Bath Type: Shower
Connecting Room: N/A
Total Size: 179 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
PORTHOLES/NO WINDOW

our friends stayed in one of these rooms for 2 weeks when we were on the CB.  They loved they could see some light, pop right out onto the aft pool, grab a drink at the bar there and pop up to the buffet for a quick bite to eat or something to drink there as well. She didn't mention any noises and loved how close she was to being outside in a blink.

23 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I believe the Emerald has the larger window. The older ships have the portholes.

The Ruby which was built next after the Emerald has 4 balconies where those OV's are.

20 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

Think the OP is going on the Caribbean Princess and R748 and R750 would be on the Riviera deck vice the Emerald deck as asked. ???

Ooooop........Sorry did not read the post correctly .

They are portholes.

We were on the Crown in R749. It had a port hole but still let in some light in the morning and you could at least look out and see if it was raining or sunny.  If you have your choice, try not to get the cabin right next to the door leading out to the back deck as sometimes the door slams shut and can be noisy.  We didn't have that particular cabin and it was very quiet and would book that cabin again if available. Being so close to the aft pool and buffet is wonderful.

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

Edited by cujosmom

We stayed in r747 on the Caribbean Princess in Feb. The location is great:::: but there is noise from above not really sure what it was sounded like tables and chairs fallin* over .Once I am asleep I am good 

We have always thought these would be a great location. Right by the pool (for my wife) and right by the bar and the buffet (for both of us). My wife loves that aft pool location. The only downside is the fact that CB still has Skywalker's all the way aft and it shades the pool - which annoys my wife - and that really has very little to do with the cabins. She much prefers the ship where Skywalker's was built a bit forward. We did thoroughly enjoy our 14 days on CB last March (2018) though. (Dang. It's hard to believe that was a full year ago!)