Premium all inclusive scrapped?

Suzieanna

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

No, I'm afraid you can't the only allowed options are $120 PP PD for the UBP or pay as you go.

Some might say just order them for her but this is a huge risk and not allowed and you risk having your own UBP cancelled and billed for all drinks.

Seems unfair if she is paying full fare, but this is all just talk at the moment as we have nothing booked.  Maybe things might have changed again by the time we have made any decision re a cruise.

2 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Seems unfair if she is paying full fare, but this is all just talk at the moment as we have nothing booked.  Maybe things might have changed again by the time we have made any decision re a cruise.

If you do a mock booking (click view breakdown next to total) you will see the 3rd & 4th guests pay substantially less than pax 1&2.

15 minutes ago, babs135 said:

I wouldn't expect that to change. Offering the perks to just guests 1 and 2 is standard on NCL these days. All Inclusive was the outlier there.

As stated above, guest 3 pays a lot less than 1 and 2. In my opinion, all inclusive was particularly generous in that aspect, as it meant that adults were paying only a couple of hundred pounds for a cruise with included beverages. That is far less than the package itself is worth. It was one of the reasons why all inclusive didn't work well.

24 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I wouldn't expect that to change. Offering the perks to just guests 1 and 2 is standard on NCL these days. All Inclusive was the outlier there.

As stated above, guest 3 pays a lot less than 1 and 2. In my opinion, all inclusive was particularly generous in that aspect, as it meant that adults were paying only a couple of hundred pounds for a cruise with included beverages. That is far less than the package itself is worth. It was one of the reasons why all inclusive didn't work well.

38 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

If you do a mock booking (click view breakdown next to total) you will see the 3rd & 4th guests pay substantially less than pax 1&2.

Thanks both of you for your help. Much appreciated.  We are not in any position to book anything at the moment (health issues) and most of my exploring, (not just on this board) is trying to see what is out there so that if and when we get the all clear to start holidaying again I can have some ideas to give to our travel agent. Hoping it will be by the end of the year but could be almost a question of going into the shop on one day and seeing what's available within the month.  (DH is clinging to the hope that it will be this year).    I'm looking at Plan A, Plan B, Plan C...……...

1 minute ago, babs135 said:

Thanks both of you for your help. Much appreciated.  We are not in any position to book anything at the moment (health issues) and most of my exploring, (not just on this board) is trying to see what is out there so that if and when we get the all clear to start holidaying again I can have some ideas to give to our travel agent. Hoping it will be by the end of the year but could be almost a question of going into the shop on one day and seeing what's available within the month.  (DH is clinging to the hope that it will be this year).    I'm looking at Plan A, Plan B, Plan C...……...

I hope it all goes well.

As evidenced by this thread having just 4 pages, the new pricing schemes seems to be either more advantageous or the same as the old premium all-inclusive.  I checked the German website as well, and it is a similar story (prices are roughly the same as UK).

Last minute sailings look like a particular bargain under the new scheme (if a drinks package is important).   Previously, while the 'sail-away' prices were often reduced the all inclusive prices stayed high.   Now with free at sea it is just a surcharge on the cheapest prices.   For example, the April transatlantics are around GBP40 pppn, with a GBP149 surcharge for the free at sea.

The only downside I can see is hearing people complain about paying/removing/objecting on principle/more generous in cash/being cheapskate about [delete as appropriate] the DSC again.....

Sail away and last minute (x class) prices (especially if you like to drink even moderately) are now looking such an absolute bargain(especially to UK and EU as grats are included in the price of drinks and dining)

This is mainly because they have kept the price as low as the old just cruise price (the diff is no DSC but even paying that is still a cheaper option) - but now give you an option of a 99£ a week opportunity to add the perks ; where as before you would have had to move up to the lowest premium included offer which was a much bigger jump - or have a huge bar bill..

As someone mentioned earlier I wonder how long it will be before NCL remove it from x class 😉

1 hour ago, 8420PR said:

As evidenced by this thread having just 4 pages, the new pricing schemes seems to be either more advantageous or the same as the old premium all-inclusive.  I checked the German website as well, and it is a similar story (prices are roughly the same as UK).

Last minute sailings look like a particular bargain under the new scheme (if a drinks package is important).   Previously, while the 'sail-away' prices were often reduced the all inclusive prices stayed high.   Now with free at sea it is just a surcharge on the cheapest prices.   For example, the April transatlantics are around GBP40 pppn, with a GBP149 surcharge for the free at sea.

The only downside I can see is hearing people complain about paying/removing/objecting on principle/more generous in cash/being cheapskate about [delete as appropriate] the DSC again.....

26 minutes ago, ighten said:

Sail away and last minute (x class) prices (especially if you like to drink even moderately) are now looking such an absolute bargain(especially to UK and EU as grats are included in the price of drinks and dining)

This is mainly because they have kept the price as low as the old just cruise price (the diff is no DSC but even paying that is still a cheaper option) - but now give you an option of a 99£ a week opportunity to add the perks ; where as before you would have had to move up to the lowest premium included offer which was a much bigger jump - or have a huge bar bill..

As someone mentioned earlier I wonder how long it will be before NCL remove it from x class 😉

This is good to know, I had not checked last minute cruises.

We booked a week before the changes came into force as we weren’t aware of them. Checked the price when we found out and decided to call NCL, we had to cancel our booking and rebook but we have saved £500, ok so lost the 60 mins internet (go device free on holiday anyway) and $75 on board credit so really no loss for us