NCL - LAX to San Pedro - transfer using cruise line?

I am arriving in LAX for a cruise out of the San Pedro Port, I am taking the NCL Bliss.  I am trying to determine if there's a benefit of using NCL's transfers from airport to port versus using Uber/Lyft?  Any feedback on benefits of using the cruise line's transfers would be helpful.  

Do they take the luggage on-board or do I still do that once at the port?

What is the usual tip?

Thank you!

@CaribbeanforChristmas are you on the April 28 Pacific Coastal?  My travel agent booked me the NCL transfer from LAX to the port for $20.  I felt this was more than reasonable.

If it's like Royal Caribbean's terminal at Cape Liberty, you drop your bag at the curb with the porters and it gets put on the ship.  The folks running the transfer bus may even unload the bags at the curb so once it goes on the bus it's out of your hands.

I'm actually flying in the day before but my hotel is literally right next to the airport so I just need to grab their shuttle back to the terminal in the morning and meet the shuttle to the port.

I have flown into LAX for a departure from San Pedro a couple of times and have used the NCL transfer both times.  They worked fine for me,  Yes, you do have to wait until the bus is full but it doesn't take long to fill as they are located by the baggage claim area and NCL reps are there to meet you.  We were dropped off at the porter line, and the porters took our bags to be loaded on the ship.  All you need to do is grab your carry on if you have one.