Serenity pool Britannia

branddad

I too have just been on Britannia to the Canaries in the school holidays. The area I quickly called "The Zoo" (Deck 16, 2 pools, loud music, Snatch and Grab at one end and fast food joints at the other) would have been a nightmare for anyone except families with young children who had an enjoyable time there. I could virtually always get a sunbed on Deck 17, either near the Serenity Pool or elsewhere on 17, and it was quiet there.

Only saw real evidence of "Hogging" one morning in Gran Canaria, when a family of about 8 put towels on the "prime sunbeds" by the Zoo pools at 7.10 am. I was up on 17 watching them waving their tour tickets around. They went off at 9.30 on a tour which finished between 1.30 and 2pm. I went down to 16, flicked off the towels and put them all in the used towel bin. Then I went ashore. 

I was on deck 17 when they returned at 2pm to find others on "their" sunbeds. Totally hilarious and they got nowhere. The Deck Staff weren't having it!

Edited by Clodia
typos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

When we were last on Britannia, lots of kids were in the "Adult Only" pool. On complaining to reception they told me (despite what it says in the literature) that it's not an adult only pool, just a "quiet area".

On 5/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, Barnum42 said:

When we were last on Britannia, lots of kids were in the "Adult Only" pool. On complaining to reception they told me (despite what it says in the literature) that it's not an adult only pool, just a "quiet area".

We were on Britannia last week and indeed there is nothing to say adults only or no children anywhere near the area. I am sure it does on Ventura unless my memory is going 😀😀

Edited by Dwalkerdave

On 5/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, Barnum42 said:

That may be correct but it does prevent children being in the pool. A couple of children got in on my recent cruise and were asked to leave and use the pools on deck 16 as soon as one of them shrieked. However a girl of about 9 was allowed to stay as she was quietly reading with her parents; a nice sight to see!

• Like 1