Waitlisted for a cabin

Murphey

7 minutes ago, Murphey said:

To anybody "in the know".  When I ask my TA to waitlist me for a cabin category, for a cruise I have already booked, is that really possible or is it up to me to keep checking?  

It is possible. Do the waitlist but it would be best for you to keep checking as there have been instances where a cabin shows up on the website and you are never notified.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It is possible. Do the waitlist but it would be best for you to keep checking as there have been instances where a cabin shows up on the website and you are never notified.

Apparently when a waitlisted cabin becomes available the computers do not immediately assign it to the next person on the waitlist. Until it is assigned, it will show up as available on the Princess web site.

I would keep checking the Princess web site at least daily to see if what you want becomes available and them immediately contact your TA (or Princess if not using a TA).

• Thanks 1

I would definitely check the princess website every day. Several times a day. I found a cabin that way once on a sold out cruise and booked it online...and then found out later there was a wait list for that cruise. I jumped the line and didn’t even realize it.....

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was waitlisted for a suite on our last cruise so I will share my experience for a point of reference.  I received the e-mail that the waitlist had cleared, immediately went to the Princess website to see if I could see the cabin there (it was not there) and was about to pick up my phone to call when my phone rang.  It was my awesome Princess Cruise Consultant telling me that she had just received a phone call that they were releasing a cabin for me.  I had been worried that the waitlisting might not work because of what I had read on here about the cabins sometimes being released right back into inventory and onto the website right away. As a result, I had been checking the website multiple times a day. This cabin was definitely never released back to the website and the entire waitlist process worked just as it should.  

Edited by minabruuke
  • Like 1