Cruises from Quebec City to New York City

skynight

We did the first US port. They have it organized. They give you a time to show up at a location (we did the theatre) and walk through with your passport and stop at a few different people.

I don't remember what we did in FLL.

Edited by Coral

17 minutes ago, Coral said:

We did the first US port. They have it organized. They give you a time to show up at a location (we did the theatre) and walk through with your passport and stop at a few different people.

I don't remember what we did in FLL.

That's how it was handled on our Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale cruise in 2014.  On that cruise, the first US port was Bar Harbor, Maine.

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

That's how it was handled on our Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale cruise in 2014.  On that cruise, the first US port was Bar Harbor, Maine.

I think it was Bar Harbor for us also!

Even though our cruise got off on a rocky start (white out snow conditions in Quebec City) - that cruise was a great cruise! I got to places I hadn't been such as Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC. I want to go back to Charleston. I highly recommend this trip.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I think it was Bar Harbor for us also!

Even though our cruise got off on a rocky start (white out snow conditions in Quebec City) - that cruise was a great cruise! I got to places I hadn't been such as Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC. I want to go back to Charleston. I highly recommend this trip.

It was one of our favorites too.  We didn't have snow in Quebec City but the winds were brutal and the temps were in the low 30s in the evenings (we arrived a couple of days in advance).  Unfortunately we missed Charleston (although we had both visited it before on business - me numerous times) and the walking trips we had arranged.  We were in sight of the dock when the captain announced that in consultation with the pilot they decided to head back out to sea because of an approaching storm.  We had quite the rocky ride to Fort Lauderdale.  Everyone felt especially sorry for a group of 40 who had received permission to disembark in Charleston and ended up having to make travel arrangements from Fort Lauderdale.

Just now, capriccio said:

It was one of our favorites too.  We didn't have snow in Quebec City but the winds were brutal and the temps were in the low 30s in the evenings (we arrived a couple of days in advance).  Unfortunately we missed Charleston (although we had both visited it before on business - me numerous times) and the walking trips we had arranged.  We were in sight of the dock when the captain announced that in consultation with the pilot they decided to head back out to sea because of an approaching storm.  We had quite the rocky ride to Fort Lauderdale.  Everyone felt especially sorry for a group of 40 who had received permission to disembark in Charleston and ended up having to make travel arrangements from Fort Lauderdale.

We spent 2 full days at the Fairmont hotel (inside). So much for my pre-cruise stay. I still haven't seen the city!

That is too bad for those who had received permission to disembark in Charleston. If I had been smart - I should have considered that as I didn't need to go to FLL again.

In 2007 or so we had a RT NYC. The next trip was a repo to FLL via the Caribbean to hit a port to make it legal. A hurricane was approaching and I know their trip was disrupted and I remember reading a review from someone I had met. He said the Captain said "I don't care what head office says - we are going full force to get to the Caribbean quickly". He did say they missed the storm and used a ton of fuel to bypass it.