Wild Spring Breakers

Notonboard

We all ways cruise the first cruise in March.  A seven night cruise.  Never any problem.  On cruise there was a delightful smaller group of young people on board.  they all were into ballroom dancing.  They were a pleasure to watch.  The young men were also  dancing with the older lades who DH's did not want to dance.  They were really a great bunch of young men and women.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We have experienced it in some form or other........

February/March/April.

Depends on the school etc.

February vacation during President's Day week is common in public K-12 schools in New England and parts of New York but not throughout the US.

Edited by capriccio

6 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

As I recall, several years ago Princess offered a 4 and 5 day sailing (East/West itinerary, don't remember which ship) that was overrun with Spring Breakers on one sailing in particular. Don't think they've done that since!

Yes, I was on that sailing and it was a pretty wild one!  Over 1000 college students.  One threw up on my foot prior to us even sailing out of port.  A kid jumped from one deck up into the pool.  The lines to get drinks were out of control.  They ran out of a good portion of liquor over on Princess Cay in the late morning, kids passed out around the ship.  It was a heck of a cruise and I felt so badly for many of the crew members who just were not used to this kind of behavior. 

I've sailed on spring break cruises numerous time and this was literally the only sailing we we saw behavior like this. 

I still had a nice time and it sure was fun people watching!

• Haha 1

Just off the Caribbean, this was the loudest cruise ever on Princess, after 16 cruises.    Not Spring breakers, but adults anywhere from mid 30’s to 50’s.  Often I couldn’t hear my tablemates during dinner.  We mostly hung around the adult pool and deck 16 above. 

1 hour ago, zahav1 said:

Just off the Caribbean, this was the loudest cruise ever on Princess, after 16 cruises.    Not Spring breakers, but adults anywhere from mid 30’s to 50’s.  Often I couldn’t hear my tablemates during dinner.  We mostly hung around the adult pool and deck 16 above. 

What?   😆

• Haha 2