After Cruise Surveys

boltnut55

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friends band Retro69 will be on stage 11AM followed by Arlo Guthrie. Ringo Starr is also playing that day. The lead female singer of Retro sounds like a cross between Grace Slick and Janis Joplin. Check them out on You . Tube .They are really great,in my opinion.

Time out. Ringo is on the second day. Arlo Guthrie was supposed to be playing that day, but has been switched to day 1. Day 1 is the movie, and Arlo is playing before it as a free concert. I believe he has been replaced on the Ringo concert with Blood Sweat and Tears. Edgar Winter is also on that program.

And somehow the two of us have hijacked this thread big time. lol

46 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Time out. Ringo is on the second day. Arlo Guthrie was supposed to be playing that day, but has been switched to day 1. Day 1 is the movie, and Arlo is playing before it as a free concert. I believe he has been replaced on the Ringo concert with Blood Sweat and Tears. Edgar Winter is also on that program.

46 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I will get this back to a cruise post ,sort of. My cousin Don was supposed to be an original member of Blood,Sweat and Tears.He thought he was too good for the group and formed his own band . They never made it but in his later years he performed on a cruise to Bermuda.

My friend with Retro said that Arlo will be on stage with them for at least one song.

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will get this back to a cruise post ,sort of. My cousin Don was supposed to be an original member of Blood,Sweat and Tears.He thought he was too good for the group and formed his own band . They never made it but in his later years he performed on a cruise to Bermuda.

My friend with Retro said that Arlo will be on stage with them for at least one song.

Here's the part of the schedule that includes the anniversary weekend , and I do not see your friend's band listed.

https://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/index/40. Note Arlo Guthrie was originally on the date with Ringo Starr, but was moved a day earlier and replaced by Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

You said your friend was a cross between Janis Joplin and Grace Slick. Well, at the original festival right after Janis Joplin finished her set, it seemed a lot of people seemed to be getting up to leave for their campsites. The announcer said "Why are you people leaving now? All you will miss are Sly and the Family Stone, The Who, and the Jefferson Airplane." And pretty much everyone sat down. So if your friend is a cross between Janis Joplin and Grace Slick, I guess she is Sly and the Family Stone and the Who.

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Here's the part of the schedule that includes the anniversary weekend , and I do not see your friend's band listed.

https://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/index/40. Note Arlo Guthrie was originally on the date with Ringo Starr, but was moved a day earlier and replaced by Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

You said your friend was a cross between Janis Joplin and Grace Slick. Well, at the original festival right after Janis Joplin finished her set, it seemed a lot of people seemed to be getting up to leave for their campsites. The announcer said "Why are you people leaving now? All you will miss are Sly and the Family Stone, The Who, and the Jefferson Airplane." And pretty much everyone sat down. So if your friend is a cross between Janis Joplin and Grace Slick, I guess she is Sly and the Family Stone and the Who.

My friend is Elliott the guitar player. The lead female singer is Melissa.She has a fantastic voice,check them out on you tube.

Elliott said they are going on at 11AM . They have appeared at concerts in Bethel Woods since 2014. I will see him on Monday and find out if anything has changed,however,on their website it is still listed as 11 AM.

This past Sunday I had dinner with friends from Hidden Ridge.They often went to the restaurant in White Lake.

Re my friends band not being on the advertised list.I have not spoken to him in more than a week but if you go on the bands website it states that they are the opening act on day 3.

I have plans to see his band in concert on April 27 and I wil hopefully be able to speak to him.

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This past Sunday I had dinner with friends from Hidden Ridge.They often went to the restaurant in White Lake.

Re my friends band not being on the advertised list.I have not spoken to him in more than a week but if you go on the bands website it states that they are the opening act on day 3.

I have plans to see his band in concert on April 27 and I wil hopefully be able to speak to him.

OK, I'll wait for your update. I thought you were originally going to see him prior to that. maybe I misunderstood you.

We exercise in the same gym. I expected to see him this past week but he was not there at all. I should see him there during the following week or just when I go to his bands concert next Saturday.

A friend of mine who lives in Saugerties is planning to go to all 3 days at Bethel Woods .I will be seeing this guy tomorrow  and he expects to get an update on Retro69 too.