Take away ice cream?

SeaTheW0r1d

While on Diviana today (02APR19) waiting  in Marseille for the crowds to clear, some staff rolled this thing out. I thought it might be the takeaway ice cream included in my package. 

I asked one of the staff if it was. He said "there is no takeaway ice cream". 

Twenty days of something I paid for, but never received. Buyer beware. 

20190402_130647.jpg

49 minutes ago, Kateann61414 said:

Last time I was on the Divina it was. There’s probably just confusion with all the new drink packages. Which one do you have?

The non-alcoholic package. I've asked multiple people. 

They say machine is out of order. They should say "machine is out of order, but we are substituting gelato" but they don't do that. 

12 minutes ago, SeaTheW0r1d said:

The non-alcoholic package. I've asked multiple people. 

They say machine is out of order. They should say "machine is out of order, but we are substituting gelato" but they don't do that. 

Right!

Soft serve Ice cream or subted for gelato, ICE CREAM is one of the perks Of the Non-Alc Package, and one of the reasons many people buy it.

Unfortunately, there are few fellow poster who actually buy this package, to give different experiences in different ships.

Anyone who has recently sailed on The Meraviglia and was able to get ICE CREAM? what kind of?

JP

19 minutes ago, Kateann61414 said:

Found this. It says “soft icecream” for the new ones and “take away icecream” for the old ones. That’s kinda sneaky. 

D13CA2EA-F139-43C2-B4D4-BE9B21D173A9.jpeg

7EE6C5F8-294D-4E28-A706-A6FA4C095DB4.png

As of this,

I will be sailing on the Meraviglia, and in my MSC for Me App the description of the Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar reads:

"This pool-side gourmet ice cream bar offers...

...six flavours of delicious soft ice-cream and

fresh fruit treats, as well as tropical and frozen

drinks and coladas."

So both descriptions (N-A package and Atmosphere IC Bar) call the product "soft ice cream" (not soft serve ice cream or gelato). Therefore, any ice cream in this bar is included in that package.

Cheers!

Now I’m really curious so I looked: For the Seaside, Miami Beach bar in the MSC for Me app it’s “Italian artistian ice cream from Venchi” and in the Venchi bar it’s called Gelato. There’s nothing anywhere about soft ice cream. 

1 minute ago, Kateann61414 said:

Now I’m really curious so I looked: For the Seaside, Miami Beach bar in the MSC for Me app it’s “Italian artistian ice cream from Venchi” and in the Venchi bar it’s called Gelato. There’s nothing anywhere about soft ice cream. 

Buffet on Deck 16 has a soft ice cream place.  We would go there after the show for a "night cap".

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Oh dear, that's unfortunate positioning in front of that poster. 💩

I had to look LOL  😱

I was looking forward to trying the whipped ice-cream (which is what we call soft-serve) on Armonia in January;  I've never had it on a ship (I'd never seen it anywhere, despite comments on here about it being available).  The day I did go to get one, the server didn't know how to use the machine!  AND the free gelato was too frozen to serve, too.  I never did bother after that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SeaTheW0r1d said:

I filled out my post-cruise survey yesterday.  I mentioned the missing take away ice cream, though I doubt it will do any good.

Thanks!

If everybody mentions what to improve it MIGHT help for everyone's future experiences.