Dining Package, buy in advance or on board?

When is the best time to buy the packages? I usually buy dining in advance so I don't have to deal with it once on board. My concerns are that the package price will increase as our sailing date approaches. I do recall that there was a lot of promoting the packages on board during our last years cruise.

32 minutes ago, tedsto said:

When is the best time to buy the packages? I usually buy dining in advance so I don't have to deal with it once on board. My concerns are that the package price will increase as our sailing date approaches. I do recall that there was a lot of promoting the packages on board during our last years cruise.

Also, there is no guarantee that any dining package will be offered on board.

If you purchase the package in advance, you don't pay the additional 18% gratuity that they are now charging for specialty restaurants. So I would buy it now. Odds are decent that you can get a discount on additional nights if the specialties are slow.

39 minutes ago, critterchick said:

If you purchase the package in advance, you don't pay the additional 18% gratuity that they are now charging for specialty restaurants. So I would buy it now. Odds are decent that you can get a discount on additional nights if the specialties are slow.

This, 100%.