Mariner OTS Questions

Hello! I’ll be sailing soon, on the Mariner of the Seas. This will only be my second time sailing RC. I live in Texas and sail from Galveston a couple times a year, so I’m platinum with Carnival. All that being said - I’m super excited. I loved my sailing on RC back in 2015. I’ve been trying to do a lot of research but I wanted to get some personal opinions, on those who’ve sailed both.

What bar on RC is most comparable to Carnival’s Alchemy bar? My bf and I will have the drink package and love great cocktails, not really beer drinkers. I saw that there’s an adults only pool area - do they play music there, or is it quiet? If there’s music, what type? Last question, for those that have sailed on the Mariner, what’s your favorite meal in the MDR? Any can’t miss dishes on a 3 days sailing? Thanks 😁

The Solarium pool area (age 16 and up) does not have any musical performers or DJ, music, but you may hear some low level background music.

Rosemary Lamb Shank.

28 minutes ago, ladiibug said:

What bar on RC is most comparable to Carnival’s Alchemy bar? My bf and I will have the drink package and love great cocktails, not really beer drinkers. I saw that there’s an adults only pool area - do they play music there, or is it quiet? If there’s music, what type? Last question, for those that have sailed on the Mariner, what’s your favorite meal in the MDR? Any can’t miss dishes on a 3 days sailing? Thanks 😁

We love Schooners.  Never been on Carnival, so cannot say if it matches.  Have been on Mariner 8 times and love it.  There is also Playmakers and The Bamboo Room and the English pub all on the Promenade which is great for people watching.  As far as MDR, my husband love the Prime Rib the first night and the beef tenderloin the second night.

The Bamboo room would be the nearest thing to the Alchemy bar, but no comparison. The Alchemy bar is much better. Their craft cocktails  can't be matched by any other bar on the ship.

I would think either the Schooner bar or Bamboo room for similar ambience (this is based on a quick google search on the alchemy bar). Most of the different bars onboard will have unique offerings to that location. 

As mentioned, the adult only solarium area is quiet, they don’t play their own music. Just hot tubs, a smallish pool, and a dedicated bar. There are also some cushy chairs and platform-type beds you can lounge on near the windows. 

As for food, I didn’t have a meal there that I didn’t like. Order more than one appetizer/entree if you want. Lunch in the MDR is hit or miss, breakfast is always good. 

Edited by nashirak