How does EZAir work on Princess Cruises

Yes they arrange the whole thing.  We have used them a few times and find them about the same price as booking direct, but the good thing is that if you choose the "flexible" fare you don't have to pay until your cruise balance is due.   Don't forget to tell them your Frequent Flyer number

Yes, I have only ever used for internal flights.  I go to the airline website and check the prices then search on the Princess EZAir site and get them to book.  The latest flights I booked were a few dollars dearer than going direct with Virgin but this is offset by not having to pay the Virgin credit card surcharge as I usually pay Princess via BPay.   

Edited by patch nine

9 minutes ago, patch nine said:

Yes, I have only ever used for internal flights.  I go to the airline website and check the prices then search on the Princess EZAir site and get them to book.  The latest flights I booked were a few dollars dearer than going direct with Virgin but this is offset by not having to pay the Virgin credit card surcharge as I usually pay Princess via BPay.   

Good thinking.

20 minutes ago, patch nine said:

Was thinking maybe instead of paying for  overnight accommodation in Sydney flying in the morning of our cruise ?

But what happens with unforeseen circumstances and the flights are grounded?

I am of the understanding if you book with Princess you are on  “the safe side”

Cheers Carole

We always fly in the day before.  I know with EziAir they say they will get you to the next port  if delayed but that isn't always easy.  I just couldn't handle the stress if the flight was delayed or cancelled so just cop the overnight hotel cost.  Regard it as part of the holiday.  But it is certainly easier on the return when you can book the earliest possible flight out and not have to worry about the ship being late knowing that they will book you on a later flight it necessary and coming home it is not so much of a concern.

Just be aware, if the "flexible" fare is not available and you are forced to use the fixed option, it is tied to your cruise at that point, so you can't take advantage of a price drop re-fare on the cruise part, because that would entail cancelling the airfare that you've already paid for. I found this out by personal experience.

17 hours ago, patch nine said:

We always fly in the day before.  I know with EziAir they say they will get you to the next port  if delayed but that isn't always easy.  I just couldn't handle the stress if the flight was delayed or cancelled so just cop the overnight hotel cost.  Regard it as part of the holiday.  But it is certainly easier on the return when you can book the earliest possible flight out and not have to worry about the ship being late knowing that they will book you on a later flight it necessary and coming home it is not so much of a concern.

No I don’t think I could cope either We will stay with plan A and gave a night  in Sydney but may use the service in 21 from Perth

Cheers Carole

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, patch nine said:

You should also be able to avoid the surcharge with Virgin by using their bpay equivalent of poli.