Juneau Helicopter

Jazz18

Which helicopter company is the better one to go with out of Juneau? Thinking of doing the Dog sledding and Glacier trip? do they do lots of trips back and forth and leave you there or do they take one trip at a time and stay with you??

• Like 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I did my excursion through the cruise line so I cannot say which company is better.

They leave and go back for another group.  Seeing them return to fly you back to Juneau is a good feeling.

image.png.9c7a6783430e6d09daa8116a3a2ee92d.png

Several years ago, the returning helicopters were unable to return for a pickup in a fast-developing fog   and 10 cruise passengers spent the night in the emergency tent.  They were delivered back to our ship while we were leaving Glacier Bay.  All stated that they loved their extended excursion.

image.png.a0413b31ecc15539add90aad852af3d1.png

Enjoy your cruise planning.

We booked through Alaska Shore Tours, and Coastal ran the helicopter part of the trip - cannot remember who ran the dog camp.  Was a great trip - well worth the money, which was less than shop charged.   Check out the pics in my review from last year - the links should be in my signature or posted under 2018 Alaska Reviews.

• Like 1

We flew with Temsco several years ago and can highly recommend them.  At that time, they were also doing tours for the cruise line so there were people on our bird from our ship (who of course paid more than we did booking directly).

In any case, check out their website as I see they have a couple options that might be of interest:  http://temscoair.com/juneau-tours/

I chose Northstar Trekking as they had three levels of tours on the glacier  - each with progressively more time and stuff to see and do.  We did the "entry level" tour, but only because of scheduling.  I wouldn't hesitate to do their longest tour!  Highly recommended.

(Note: we booked through the ship - Holland America - and while they don't often specify the tour company, I was always able to tell "which tour" they were referencing after reading their names and descriptions).