Drink Package

AshleyJax

Nope.  Fixed price.  Slightly less expensive if you book it in advance.  RCCL's drink package floats up and down prior to the cruise.  NCL gives their's away, usually, calling it "free at sea."

I've heard folks buying the AARP gift cards at 10% less then applying those to their trip - including Cheers. So that may be a "cheaper" way of doing it. But otherwise the only real difference is 10% more if you buy it onboard vs. ahead of time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshleyJax said:

Does Carnival ever offer deals or discounts on their drink package?

Carnival never offers specials on this package.  Just the "save 10% by purchasing prior to your cruise" standard discount.

Heck, Carnival offers relatively small discounts (10% to 20%) on excursions only about twice a year, if that - last one was a Black Friday special, IIRC.

In general, Carnival has taken the approach of pricing it so it sells regularly, avoiding the mess of sales (which just cannibalize the regular sales anyway).  Especially for something as "unlimited availability" as the Cheers/Bubbles packages.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, xostacylee said:

I've heard folks buying the AARP gift cards at 10% less then applying those to their trip - including Cheers. So that may be a "cheaper" way of doing it. But otherwise the only real difference is 10% more if you buy it onboard vs. ahead of time. 

I use our Carnival Mastercard and get a 10‰ statement credit, plus points. Our upcoming cruise I had enough points for a $450 credit. 

• Like 1