How long does Princess take to refund?

lorri111

I complained about an excursion and they said in email they would post me a partial refund in cheque form, but that was over a month ago, and no sign of it. I know we live in Australia but that is a bit slow. Pity they couldn't have done it as OBC. I queried it again in email a couple of days ago but no response. How long does it usually take?

10 minutes ago, sailaway2joy said:

We received a refund for several missed ports due to bad weather on a transatlantic cruise last year. It took about 7 weeks for the check to arrive. It’s in a rather plain enevelop, so don’t throw it out with the junk mail!  

Thanks for the tip!

Our situation might be different from yours, but we had a refund of excess OBC that was sent as a cheque. It took around 10 weeks, but that time did include Christmas/New Year. I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 4/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, lorri111 said:

I complained about an excursion and they said in email they would post me a partial refund in cheque form, but that was over a month ago, and no sign of it. I know we live in Australia but that is a bit slow. Pity they couldn't have done it as OBC. I queried it again in email a couple of days ago but no response. How long does it usually take?

Yeah, it take ages for a cheque in snail mail to come especially via snail mail.

If you wanted it as OBC you should've asked I'm sure that if you asked the worst they could've said was no.

1 hour ago, DDG 41 said:

Yeah, it take ages for a cheque in snail mail to come especially via snail mail.

If you wanted it as OBC you should've asked I'm sure that if you asked the worst they could've said was no.

It would have seemed to me a bit rude to say I wasn't happy with something and say exactly how I thought they should make any refund. I guess it didn't occur to me they would send an old fashioned cheque (years since I have seen one), and I was not sure I would get anything anyway. Will remember for future though.