Elite Benefits in Lounge Happy Hour

geordielass

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I didn't realize that ... thanks!!  I must have been thinking of other lines where it has been accurate in the past.  And, you had 15 minutes to get into the dining room and the doors were closed.  Kind of miss that!  5 PM is way too early and 7:45 PM is way too late ... for us, at least, so we are left with anytime dining, which is anything but anytime now.  Oh well ... it is just one factor of the cruise that doesn't influence every single aspect of my overall experience.  

When you board, you will find out what the real time will be. If it is not what you want, then it is easy to officially switch to Anytime. Just see the Maitre 'd during his time for making such changes on embarkation day.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:46 AM, EDDY0827 said:

I went to see what EPS "cocktail party" on the Grand last week as it was my first time in a suite.

I thought that I walked into the morgue down on Gala deck. There were less than 20 people in attendance including the 2 bartenders and a waitress. I felt like I was the youngest passenger there and I'm 62.

I had a drink with the staff and left.

Same here! We just got off the Grand on 4/21 and went to PES lounge several times, looking to meet others. It was very subdued though almost full. We did enjoy the daily drink specials and experimented with some we had never tried before. The apps were fine, didn’t expect much as we went before dinner. We were disappointed with lack of socialization,  it looked as if they were bored/tired/miserable. Who knows.  Will probably use again on our next cruises.

We did however enjoy the waitstaff, who came over when they heard my husband playing some music (only loud enough for us to hear) from his iPhone. 

They were happy and enjoyed trading jokes and talking music. Good people! 

On 4/15/2019 at 6:23 AM, myjillian said:

We always order anything we want in the Captains party and have never had to pay.  Usually we get 2 Kulua (sp) and creams and walk to dinner with one.  I had no idea you had to pay for a glass of wine.

On the Grand two weeks ago, hubby and I both had wine at Capt. Party, there was no charge. 

2 hours ago, caribill said:

When you board, you will find out what the real time will be. If it is not what you want, then it is easy to officially switch to Anytime. Just see the Maitre 'd during his time for making such changes on embarkation day.

I wouldn't even bother as neither of the new traditional dining times work for us ... not even close so we now always have to pick anytime dining.  There is no more 6:00 PM - 6:30 option and we can't even make a reservation for that time so we just go with the understanding that we might be eating our first course or two at the International Cafe or Alfredos, if available.  We get our pager and get our soup / salad elsewhere, enjoy a glass of wine there and then head to dinner when the pager goes off.   It usually saves a little time so we can make it to the show.  It's disjointed but just the way it is on Princess now.