E DOC Question

katesmarma

My family is all checked in Visas etc. I looked at edoc's for my cousin and myself. She has no printer. They look identical. Will I just print one set of edoc's  except for luggage tags of course. We are arriving in same car. I am first  name and contact number  I guess you would call me the primary guest. Do we check in as cabin or by last name. There are 3 in our group

6 hours ago, katesmarma said:

My family is all checked in Visas etc. I looked at edoc's for my cousin and myself. She has no printer. They look identical. Will I just print one set of edoc's  except for luggage tags of course. We are arriving in same car. I am first  name and contact number  I guess you would call me the primary guest. Do we check in as cabin or by last name. There are 3 in our group

The only purpose for the edocs is to get in the door. Once you get to the check in counter give them your passports, they will never look at the edocs. As far a luggage tags the only thing that really matters is the cabin number you can all use the same tags.

7 hours ago, katesmarma said:

You only “need” the first page of the edocs which is your boarding pass. The page is good for everyone named on the boarding pass (don’t need some parade ones). Other pages include information, including all of your pre booked shows and meals. You can email that pdf to yourself so you have soft copy. 

In NYC  your printed or tablet/phone version gets you "in the door" of the cruise ship  terminal.  You may need it for TSA to examine but after that you're fine; they've just glanced at ours the last few times or just scanned the bar code on the first page.  So long as you've done the online check-in & you're all on the same reservation# you should be good-to-go.

Have a great cruise!