People Who Never Leave the Stateroom

sw33twif3

On 4/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, sw33twif3 said:

My wife and I always get inside staterooms on Carnival ships. Cozy. Dark. Cool. We sleep so well. And we are only there to sleep and shower. Otherwise, we are out and about.

What I don't understand are people who spend a lot of time in their stateroom.

On our last cruise, there was a family who never seemed to leave their room (they were across from us in a balcony stateroom). They had hooked up a PlaySegaThingy to the TV and the kids played games all day. Plates piled up outside the stateroom door.

Why come on a cruise at all if that's what you are going to do?

This is odd to me also but to each its own. Less people taking up space on the deck.

This post seems a little like pot stirring or baiting but I'll bite.

I have two younger children with autism and the movement of the ship is calming for them. I love, love, love that the kids club works with us on diaper changes but they still get burnt out with more than a few hours there. We use the cabin to let them decompress, a lot. 

Breakfast with the boys isn't worth leaving the cabin. They run and are all over the place. So, room service it is. 

There could be a million reasons they do this. I try not to judge or scratch my head at others vacations when they're not hurting anyone else. Honestly I'd rather spend my head space enjoying my vacation.

• Like 1