Anchorage Alaskan air lounge

takemeaway2008

5 hours ago, takemeaway2008 said:

Thanks for the pictures. Big place. We read that you can get passes for $50. Are there out of the way chairs people could use for a little peace and quiet to nap? 

Apparently I wasn't very clear. The best place for a nap is up on the mezzanine level above Starbucks.  Depending on flights, it may be quiet at the end of the B concourse but the chairs won't be as comfortable.

I have spent quite a bit of time in the Anchorage Alaska lounge through the years, and there have been a number of instances in which someone looking for "out of the way chairs people could use for a little peace and quiet to nap" are going to be disappointed.  The energy level can be high.  I don't know what day passes are priced these days, but if it is indeed $50 I don't think it is worth it.

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Apparently I wasn't very clear. The best place for a nap is up on the mezzanine level above Starbucks.  Depending on flights, it may be quiet at the end of the B concourse but the chairs won't be as comfortable.

No, you were clear. I will put that on the list of options. I'm still looking for info on the lounge though. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

......I'm still looking for info on the lounge though. Thanks. 

What other information are you looking for?  The food offerings are basic, and that large TV in the photos (post  3) are always on (including the volume).  And while we don't purchase day passes (we purchase an annual membership) check the current pricing of a day pass as the price was raised several years ago.  

On 4/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Northern Aurora said:

What other information are you looking for?  The food offerings are basic, and that large TV in the photos (post  3) are always on (including the volume).  And while we don't purchase day passes (we purchase an annual membership) check the current pricing of a day pass as the price was raised several years ago.  

I guess I needed to know that I could purchase the day passes without any other membership. It does say you need a same day airline ticket and we are technically flying the next day. (Will be there late Friday night, flying very early Saturday AM. The food is included in the pass price? Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

I guess I needed to know that I could purchase the day passes without any other membership. It does say you need a same day airline ticket and we are technically flying the next day. (Will be there late Friday night, flying very early Saturday AM. The food is included in the pass price? Thanks. 

Give them a call and ask.  907-266-7543

On 4/15/2019 at 8:59 AM, takemeaway2008 said:

As long as you're on an Alaska Airlines flight you can buy the pass.,and, even if, you change from one day to the other, you just pay for one day!

There is an area a little towards the east side of the lounge, that has some out of the way chairs, but, with saying that, Alaska Airlines has a lot of red eyes that leave between 10 pm and 2 am and the lounge can get very crowded!  So, it's not like you can take a whole section of chairs to stretch out!

And, yes, the food (will be pretty limited to probably chips, salsa, cheese, possibly some salad fixings) is included.   You are also entailed to the bar, though, top shelf are at an extra costs.  They do have some local beers usually on tap.  They also have a soda machine and a coffee machine!  Cookies and a snack mix, too!

Susan in Anchorage🙂

Edited by AkSusan

On 4/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, takemeaway2008 said:

The pass is good for 24 hours so can be purchased the day prior.  You don't need to be traveling on Alaska Airlines to use this option, any airline same day ticket (within 24 hours) will work.

If you have a Signature Alaska Airlines visa the pass is only $25.

Given your flight departure time, my guess is that you’ll think the $50/pass for 2 passes is well worth it.  It’s a nice lounge.  Snacks and light food as noted in a post already, comfortable chairs, places to charge electronics, etc.  I would recommend buying the passes.

13 hours ago, AkSusan said:

As long as you're on an Alaska Airlines flight you can buy the pass.,and, even if, you change from one day to the other, you just pay for one dayThere is an area a little towards the east side of the lounge, that has some out of the way chairs, but, with saying that, Alaska Airlines has a lot of red eyes that leave between 10 pm and 2 am and the lounge can get very crowded!  So, it's not like you can take a whole section of chairs to stretch out!

Susan in Anchorage🙂

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. I'm used to airports that are quieter at night, very few flights go out. Have to decide whether we want to spend the money. 

12 minutes ago, aungrl said:

Given your flight departure time, my guess is that you’ll think the $50/pass for 2 passes is well worth it.  It’s a nice lounge.  Snacks and light food as noted in a post already, comfortable chairs, places to charge electronics, etc.  I would recommend buying the passes.

Thank you! We get dropped off at the airport about 9 so we'll be there for a good amount of time. Looking into applying for the Alaskan Air Visa. 

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

The pass is good for 24 hours so can be purchased the day prior.  You don't need to be traveling on Alaska Airlines to use this option, any airline same day ticket (within 24 hours) will work.

If you have a Signature Alaska Airlines visa the pass is only $25.

Thank you! Thinking of applying for the visa and paying off the cruise with it. 

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

If you have a Signature Alaska Airlines visa the pass is only $25

In regards to the charge card and $25, looks like it's a limited time offer

Limited time offer: From September 1, 2018, to May 31, 2019, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholders can purchase a day pass for $25. Purchases must be made by the cardholder at the Lounge using an Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card and must be redeemed on the day of purchase.

Susan in Anchorage 🙂

Edited by AkSusan