Just off Seaview.....

citizenfrank

Same here!  No pressure, Frank - I know what it's like getting home and needing time to gather the thoughts (as well as being back to grindstone getting in the way lol).  Hope all's well and looking forward to hearing of your experiences.  You have until Aug 27th (after that, I'll be discovering Seaview myself  😜).

52 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

the msc for me app is according to the latest update able to do this but no ones tried it yet

Thanks. I found some reviews regarding the app and it doesn't sound so promising. It's great in theory but not worth much if it doesn't work. I used to bring a walkie talkie on the ships and for the most part they worked; might have to consider it again.

I just read an article that said if you have your smartphone and MSC wristband you can locate your family all over the ship. Mainly to keep track of the kids, but I'd guess you can lo-jack your spouse as well. This would work as well as text for me since my usual message is 'where are you?'

• Like 1

just off Bellissima...  the latest version of MSC for Me app includes Family & Friends Locator but requires the purchase of MSC for Me wristband (unfortunately YC wristband does not support this feature). You need smartphone, MSC for Me app and MSC for Me wristband to use all features of the app including chat & locator. MSC for Me app worked well for me (making show reservations, checking account/statement, interactive map, checking events). The app does not require a internet package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

just off Bellissima...  the latest version of MSC for Me app includes Family & Friends Locator but requires the purchase of MSC for Me wristband (unfortunately YC wristband does not support this feature). You need smartphone, MSC for Me app and MSC for Me wristband to use all features of the app including chat & locator. MSC for Me app worked well for me (making show reservations, checking account/statement, interactive map, checking events). The app does not require a internet package.

SirWolf, is the wristband required for chat? I don't need to keep track of kids. I'm with a large group of adults so it's mostly for chat.

7 hours ago, T.O.cruisers said:

SirWolf, is the wristband required for chat? I don't need to keep track of kids. I'm with a large group of adults so it's mostly for chat.

Yes, as per description in the onboard daily news the MSC for Me wristband is required for chat & locator. You need to link the wristbands in the app. I could not link our YC wristbands. I guess a individual ID is printed on the MSC for Me wristband but I have not seen one.

16 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Yes, as per description in the onboard daily news the MSC for Me wristband is required for chat & locator. You need to link the wristbands in the app. I could not link our YC wristbands. I guess a individual ID is printed on the MSC for Me wristband but I have not seen one.

I know for the wristband there is a charge. If it works it might be worth it.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Why the need to know where everyone is all the time?  What am I missing? 

For me it's peace of mind as I am travelling with four teenagers! They like doing their own thing and I am fine with that, but I would love to keep tabs on them if possible.  Hopefully this feature will be available on our Seaview cruise next month