Caribbean Princess: Lido inside vs Emerald obstructed view?

metairiegal

Please help me decide which to choose on the Caribbean Princess for a 1 week Western Caribbean cruise:

Would you rather have an inside Lido cabin, L236 to be exact ($765)  OR

various obstructed view cabins on Emerald deck forward ($754) or aft ($762)?

Pros/cons?

Thanks in advance.

Emerald Deck near the aft stairs (but not more than a few cabins behind them) is one of the most convenient cabin locations on the ship. I have been in either E701 or E705 on four cruises. Definitely worth the big premium of $1/pp/pd extra over forward.

As for Lido deck insides, many of them are under very noisy areas of the Spa and fitness center. It sorta looks like L236 is under the changing rooms so should not have any late night or pre-dawn cleaning or maintenance keeping you awake. Many people find it well worth giving up any sunlight in the cabin in exchange for being able to walk straight onto the Lido deck at a fair price. If this is you, L236 should be fine.

Our favorite cabin is L245. We have never heard any noise from above. It is in the forward section of cabins, so it's cheaper. However, it is the furthest aft within that section. It's a quick walk to outside. We've sailed in this cabin several times on several different ships.

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

Emerald Deck near the aft stairs (but not more than a few cabins behind them) is one of the most convenient cabin locations on the ship. I have been in either E701 or E705 on four cruises. Definitely worth the big premium of $1/pp/pd extra over forward.

As for Lido deck insides, many of them are under very noisy areas of the Spa and fitness center. It sorta looks like L236 is under the changing rooms so should not have any late night or pre-dawn cleaning or maintenance keeping you awake. Many people find it well worth giving up any sunlight in the cabin in exchange for being able to walk straight onto the Lido deck at a fair price. If this is you, L236 should be fine.

Thanks for that info.  Just wondering, in E705, was there any noise from elevators?

3 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

Thanks for that info.  Just wondering, in E705, was there any noise from elevators?

No issues with noise at all. E705 (and E706 on the opposite side) is I believe one of the most heavily obstructed cabins on the ship, the window is good for some sunlight and that's about all. But I chose it for a very late booking on a holiday cruise; the $10 p/p difference over an inside guarantee may have been the best $20 I spent on Princess as it made my decision to always book close to the aft stairs.

58 minutes ago, fishywood said:

E705 (and E706 on the opposite side) is I believe one of the most heavily obstructed cabins on the ship, the window is good for some sunlight and that's about all.

E706 Doesn't look all that obstructed actually.

image.png.754ac99ef89ffe3004e01da004ec78d0.png

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

E706 Doesn't look all that obstructed actually.

image.png.754ac99ef89ffe3004e01da004ec78d0.png

Wow - that looks great.  Thanks for posting.

Thrak, I always appreciate your comments.  Which would you go for - the Lido inside or something like this obstructed view on Emerald?  Or, is this a no brainer for an obstructed view?  I was just thinking Lido was more convenient, but light in the room is a major plus!

Edited by metairiegal

We've had several obstructed cabins with much worse views than what is shown--such as a tender out there.  I'd certainly take a ladder outside the window over an inside.  We only have done an inside on the Royal because all their OV cabins are balconies and thus too expensive for us.  FWIW, our preference is OV on Plaza on the older ships--very convenient.  We did 3 cruises a year for many years so we went for the less expensive cabins.

Edited by BarbinMich