Thermal Suite 7 day pass - has anyone bought it

tonyinoc

I was looking at the 7 day thermal suite 7 day pass for couples, but one thing that concerned me is that when you try to book it on line it wants you to select the exact time you want to show up in a pull down? I would like to go when i feel i have a need to go not at a specific time every day why would i lock my self into a set time every day when your on vacation 

has anyone used the pass and where they strict on their time? 

also sailing Eurodam in May 

That's just the website being its usual stupid self. Choose whatever time you want, and it will be available for the whole time. I think they used dining reservations as a "template" when they added the option to book the spa pass, and that requires choosing a time.

• Like 1

Question- has anyone used the pass and where they strict on their time? 

I booked a pass on-board Nieuw Statendam on an 11 day cruise. There was no time schedule per person/couple. Just the schedule for the facility being open. As stated in another reply, the new on-line spa booking tool appears to have remnants of booking for dining. The room key was not enough to get in. An attendant was at the door to let you in. If they were away cleaning or whatever, we just visited the front desk and they would hunt them down.

I get this pass on almost every cruise, and have never booked in advance.  Just go to the spa on the first day - they usually have some kind of embarkation day deal. You can skip the spa tour (they will try to rope you into that) if you are not interested and just say please put us down for the spa weekly pass. There are NO set times. You can use it whenever it's open, which is virtually always (well, not in the middle of the night).  Just bring your room key and trade it at the spa desk for a key to the hydropool and thermal suite. 

26 minutes ago, Moriah said:

I get this pass on almost every cruise, and have never booked in advance.  Just go to the spa on the first day - they usually have some kind of embarkation day deal. You can skip the spa tour (they will try to rope you into that) if you are not interested and just say please put us down for the spa weekly pass. There are NO set times. You can use it whenever it's open, which is virtually always (well, not in the middle of the night).  Just bring your room key and trade it at the spa desk for a key to the hydropool and thermal suite. 

Yes, you have to trade your key. When we were on K'dam a year ago, I saw a woman trying to get into the thermal suite using her room key. I told her she had to get a spa key at the desk. She said, "Oh, but they put this sticker on my key so I could go to the spa." 

So I called Holland America and they told me they know about the issue with the web page showing that you have to pick a time. 

She told me I can go as many times as I want during the hours the spa is open. 

Just as other people on this forum have said.  

Thank you all

Tony

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

So I called Holland America and they told me they know about the issue with the web page showing that you have to pick a time. 

She told me I can go as many times as I want during the hours the spa is open. 

Just as other people on this forum have said.  

Thank you all

Tony

Yeah, they know about the issue. Doubt they'll do anything about it, though.

We bought our couples spa pass for our recent 7 night cruise on the Nieuw Statendam in advance for $219.  Onboard, on embarkation day, they were selling it for $299, so we did save some money buying in advance.  Who knows if there would be a savings on every 7 day cruise, but we thought $219 seemed like a good price compared to what we had paid previously.  We also thought the "select a time" was weird, but just like others have said you can go anytime during the hours they are open.  We also wondered if it would be a problem proving we had bought the spa pass online once we were onboard, but it wasn't.  One of the girls giving the tours wrote our names and room info down just like normal and gave us the sticker for our room card.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beaming90 said:

Is it open normally during days when the ship is in port?  Or only when sailing?  Thanks guys!

Oosterdam - August 4 - Alaska

Yes, it is open on both sea and port days.  Port days are actually the most peaceful at the Thermal Spa because so many people are off the boat!!

• Like 1