Carnvial Fascination questions???

beshears

My friend and I just returned on April 7th from the Carnival Fascination (first time on this ship), starting at San Juan.  I have written a review, but at this time Cruise Critic has not posted it as yet, and will let me know, once it is published.

If you have any questions (I really got to know the ship/personnel, etc. better than I planned, as my friend had a bad accident) in regard to the ship, one way or another and I can answer, please ask. As for the ports, I will try to advise on that too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beshears said:

My friend and I just returned on April 7th from the Carnival Fascination (first time on this ship), starting at San Juan.  I have written a review, but at this time Cruise Critic has not posted it as yet, and will let me know, once it is published.

If you have any questions (I really got to know the ship/personnel, etc. better than I planned, as my friend had a bad accident) in regard to the ship, one way or another and I can answer, please ask. As for the ports, I will try to advise on that too.

We sailed on the Fascination on this itinerary before the refurbishment. I thought I read that in addition to the venues added, they got rid of the Mongolian Wok as part of the buffet.. Is that true? (I know it was something I enjoyed, and I'm sure many others since there was always a long line for it.)

I could be wrong as I very seldom eat that type of food, but I do recall something similar to that. If your referring to sushi, or something like that, I believe I passed a small place that served that, but you have to pay for it now on the Fascination.

This is a P.S. to what I just stated.  I believe I know what your talking about, as I remember seeing the long lines on some of the other larger ships in regard to this.  As I stated, I don't believe that is in the buffet area anymore.

As for long lines, I was amazed that everywhere we went, we didn't have to wait in long lines, which was nice on the Fascination ship.🙂

2 hours ago, beshears said:

This is a P.S. to what I just stated.  I believe I know what your talking about, as I remember seeing the long lines on some of the other larger ships in regard to this.  As I stated, I don't believe that is in the buffet area anymore.

As for long lines, I was amazed that everywhere we went, we didn't have to wait in long lines, which was nice on the Fascination ship.🙂

I will agree with the no long lines. The only real lines were for the Mongolian Wok, and part of that I am sure was because the individual type of service made it slow.

In regard to my friend Carol that had the bad accident, I really don't have an answer as yet.  She did stay (when we came back to Kansas City) with her brother and family, and flew back to AZ on Tuesday.  I know the doctor on the ship did everything he could to help her feel better, along with taking X-Rays, calling her doctor in AZ, etc. I don't know what part of the shoulder or arm she broke, (skinned up her arm, hand, toe, plus most of the face black/blue) but the doctor had her arm in a sling, trying to make her as comfortable as possible, until she could get back to AZ., and the doctor do surgery on her. I, as well as many have been praying for a good recovery on her.  Once again, thanks for asking.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, ontheweb said:

We sailed on the Fascination on this itinerary before the refurbishment. I thought I read that in addition to the venues added, they got rid of the Mongolian Wok as part of the buffet.. Is that true? (I know it was something I enjoyed, and I'm sure many others since there was always a long line for it.)

Yes, Mongolian Wok is now gone. 

On 4/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, beshears said:

In regard to my friend Carol that had the bad accident, I really don't have an answer as yet.  She did stay (when we came back to Kansas City) with her brother and family, and flew back to AZ on Tuesday.  I know the doctor on the ship did everything he could to help her feel better, along with taking X-Rays, calling her doctor in AZ, etc. I don't know what part of the shoulder or arm she broke, (skinned up her arm, hand, toe, plus most of the face black/blue) but the doctor had her arm in a sling, trying to make her as comfortable as possible, until she could get back to AZ., and the doctor do surgery on her. I, as well as many have been praying for a good recovery on her.  Once again, thanks for asking.

That was a really bad accident! Glad the ship's doctor was helpful.  

Please keep us updated when you know more about your friend, Carol.

In the meantime ... T&P coming her way.

OCruisers, thank you for your kind words.  I won't go into all the details, but Carol had a bad accident "before," she went on the cruise with me with her other shoulder, having surgery on it, and trying to get it healed up, while on the cruise. I did receive a text from her, and her doctor has given her two options.  One surgery on her shoulder/arm where she will be able to lift the arm up half way.  If she has two surgeries, she will be able to lift her arm up all the way.  At this point, she has opted to have both surgeries.  I will let her know you are praying, which I know will make her happy.

Brenda

12 hours ago, csj092809 said:

I was on the Fascination last year and the Mongolian Wok was still there...outside by pool, opposite Guy's burgers. I am not sure why they would get rid of it..wonder what they put in it's place...

Interesting since all other answers have been no. I guess it is just too hidden away.

2 hours ago, LittleYiaYia said:

No Mongolian Wok on the Fascination.  We have been on her twice since the upgrades in February 2018.  I don't know when

CSJ sailed last year (2018) but it had to be before the February dry dock.

Now I'm confused CSJ said it was opposite guy's Burgers, but having sailed on the Fascination before the dry dock, I can tell you there was no Guy's Burgers then.

26 minutes ago, helensobol said:

The dry dock brought  Guy's burger and blue iguana to the outside which we see on most ships.  This did eliminate the Mongolian wok altogether. 

Hope that helps

Yes, In the mornings they make made to order omelets in the space between Guy's and the Cantina.  In the afternoon that space is used for the new cakes, at least it was in February.  Never went up here at dinner time, so maybe someone can chime in or whether or not they have the cakes at dinner. 

When I was on it last year after the dry dock, they still had Mongolian wok available (where the omelette station outside was in the morning). I ate there several times. They may have stopped doing it now, but it was there right after dry dock last year 🙂

Edited by csj092809

1 minute ago, csj092809 said:

When I was on it last year after the dry dock, they still had Mongolian wok available (where the omelette station outside was in the morning). I ate there several times. They may have stopped doing it now, but it was there right after dry dock last year 🙂

Now that I think about it, it may have been the time before that I had it so much..i have been on ship 4 times, so maybe I am confused!

11 minutes ago, LittleYiaYia said:

LOL, I seriously thought I was loosing it.  I knew I never saw a Mongolian Wok.  We were on a B2B the first and second sailings after dry dock in 2018. 

So, I guess I finally have the answer to my question--no Mongolian Wok. It has been eliminated.

Thanks for your review and all the info here.  I'm glad your friend is feeling better, but sorry to hear that she has to have two surgeries. 

For San Juan, the ship leaves at 6:00pm and we have to be out of our hotel by 11:00.  Can you drop of your luggage with the porters and then tour the city?  If you board at that time, can you get back off?

5 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Can you drop of your luggage with the porters and then tour the city?  If you board at that time, can you get back off?

You can drop your bags after 11:30.  You can get on and get off immediately... rooms aren’t ready until 1ish.  

• Like 1

Yes,  this ship does have a laundry room (or more than one).   My deck plans show a laundry on  deck 7 forward and deck 6 aft.  If you don't want to do your own, they offer a special :  all you can stuff into the laundry bag for $15.00.  Good for whites and underwear, they wash everything in hot water. 

• Thanks 1