Scooter in Journey’s accessible cabin #4035

snowglobe

22 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I was in 4049 on the journey.  There is a plug by both lights, 220v which we used for CPAPs.  My scooter sat nearer the window as the sofa was next to the bed on the bathroom side.  The auto door was not working.  Since my battery easily removed we set it on the desk to charge.  Since we were I. Europe we had adapters for the plugs and were pleased we didn’t need the extension cord we had requested as it would have been in the traffic pattern.  Iirc I could turn my very tight turning scooter around but not without backing up. 

The biggest problem i found was that there is no way to use the hairdryer with the mirror as the very large mirror is on the wall where the bathroom is.  

So if you put your right hand on the wall when you come in there is the bathroom door, a corner, turn right, a mirror, a corner, turn left, a sofa an outlet a light and night stand , the bed, the other night stand light and outlets some space, a corner, turn left, the windows, a corner, turn left, and the wall that has the tv desk etc.  I think the closets are somewhere along there, but I actually don’t recall. 

Hth

Just interested.  Were you in 4049 before the cabins were reimagined?

Phil

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

We were on the Journey last Aug/Sept (2018).  They were the grey which is newer than the previous, but I was under the impression more was changing.   I do know they changed the bathroom mirror so and ablebodied person could see in it.  And that had an odd table in it too as there was no storage in the bath.    The hairdryer situation was the most annoying, but loved that it was there.  The doorway also it set back a bit more from the hall making turns a bit easier. 

This was our our first time we registered early enough to get a handicap room, and the first time with a scooter.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I was in 4049 on the journey.  There is a plug by both lights, 220v which we used for CPAPs.  My scooter sat nearer the window as the sofa was next to the bed on the bathroom side.  The auto door was not working.  Since my battery easily removed we set it on the desk to charge.  Since we were I. Europe we had adapters for the plugs and were pleased we didn’t need the extension cord we had requested as it would have been in the traffic pattern.  Iirc I could turn my very tight turning scooter around but not without backing up. 

The biggest problem i found was that there is no way to use the hairdryer with the mirror as the very large mirror is on the wall where the bathroom is.  

So if you put your right hand on the wall when you come in there is the bathroom door, a corner, turn right, a mirror, a corner, turn left, a sofa an outlet a light and night stand , the bed, the other night stand light and outlets some space, a corner, turn left, the windows, a corner, turn left, and the wall that has the tv desk etc.  I think the closets are somewhere along there, but I actually don’t recall. 

Hth

thank you so much. I'll still request an extension cord to be safe, but it sounds like it will be fine.

Here are some images of 4034 on Journey, there are outlets at each side of the bed and at the desk. I missed an image of the wardrobes but will add this later today 😀

Neither the cabin door nor the bathroom door are automatic/push button

7F1384E2-406B-4226-92F8-3E81EEB90587.jpeg

40266BE5-9F45-49C0-802B-1E8D2CA22B73.jpeg

E4DF67D9-22F8-4A22-AA76-9577091EA105.jpeg

9EDBD3D9-4DF7-4152-8863-CF3761670D9A.jpeg

622A746D-3CC4-4387-9EC9-B22184D1FF8A.jpeg

B81732B5-5DFE-4D11-BAB4-3875C1206291.jpeg

Edited by DebbieMacG
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for posting photos and chiming into this discussion. It’s not only helped me, but also will be useful for others trying to choose the accessible cabin that best suit their needs. TA!

46 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Debbie, 

Where the table is, would that be the best place to park a scooter in your opinion?

- we really wouldn’t need it, and could ask for it to be removed.

There’s actually room before that on the left towards the door as well, I’m leaving my wheelchair there but with your scooter being longer then yes you could move the table in front of the sofa and that would leave a big area. I’ll take some more pics for you later to show the size.

Edited by DebbieMacG

Debbie, are the plugs by the bed 110v?  Or 220v?    Also it’s good to see the mirror in the right place!  

I too enjoyed the pics.  Thanks.

fwiw, on our first Azamara I had a walker that wouldn’t stay folded, we put it near the door where it only blocked on hanging closet.  But that was a regular room.  Once we got the fold flat walker we could put it most anywhere.  

Both were really rollators. 

Here are some more pictures showing the space in the cabin for a wheelchair or scooter, I’ve left the table in place so you get a better sense of perspective, the table is a generous size and goes up and down.

The right hand side of the bed has a 110v socket and the left hand side a 220v socket. The pictures are shown with my uk adaptor in place.

I’ve also posted a picture of the wardrobes.

80FF3EFF-16A9-4911-8CE9-957D3FAA1CA3.jpeg

28A21B69-1F8E-4732-AFB7-A994E1F1EAF5.jpeg

7C5C236E-D709-4199-8505-75C357A20211.jpeg

894D93DA-3D16-4501-AB67-E0B76C5B753B.jpeg

641D1E02-2BDB-44FA-8351-116045BD21CA.jpeg

• Thanks 1