Scooter in Journey’s accessible cabin #4035

snowglobe

I’m finally considering traveling with a mobility scooter for the first time.

I can’t seem to find info about where would the best space be to stash a scooter in the cabin - accessible #4035 - especially where an outlet would be for it. Any advice as to where in the cabin to best park & recharge it?

Since power bars are not permitted onboard, and one plug would have to be dedicated to recharging the scooter, are there enough outlets, and what would be the best strategy to adopt in this scenario (like moving a chair, etc.).

Thank you in advance for any advice and/or links. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 12:06 AM, snowglobe said:

I’m finally considering traveling with a mobility scooter for the first time.

I can’t seem to find info about where would the best space be to stash a scooter in the cabin - accessible #4035 - especially where an outlet would be for it. Any advice as to where in the cabin to best park & recharge it?

Since power bars are not permitted onboard, and one plug would have to be dedicated to recharging the scooter, are there enough outlets, and what would be the best strategy to adopt in this scenario (like moving a chair, etc.).

Thank you in advance for any advice and/or links. 🙂

snowglobe, if you check back I just got on Pursuit and went to 4035 before the guests are there and took some photos. Sorry. I didn't home in on the sockets, but there is a few behind my backpack. I know you'll be able to get an extension chord if you ask for one. Maybe via Special Services. 

Phil

78CA5962-6C9F-4435-BB7A-5490AF358DDD.jpeg

ECC579F5-60B0-4A62-AD62-DB7B13C344C4.jpeg

234C470E-D4D3-40B0-AC68-D2F23B21A6D3.jpeg

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very, very much Phil - these photos are very reassuring!

It’s very clear, from these photos, that the open space is between the doors and the bed, and not around to the other side of the bed. There’s lots of space to park a scooter, and an extension cord would do the trick nicely (I’ll add it to the form, and ask the stewart for it, if it’s not already there when we arrive.)

I very much appreciate the time and effort that it took for you to get these photos, then to post them here. Again, thank you very much! 😘

• Like 1

In looking closely at the photos, did you notice if there was more than one outlet near that wide open space? Could that be an outlet next to the glasses and bottle of wine?

I see an outlet above the desk, but not on the walls. That one could be used for charging the scooter.

I think that I spot one on the other side of the bed... we can always designate that out-of-the-way one for charging our iPads. 🙂

I'm sorry that I didn't home in on where the sockets were. There may well be an extra socket somewhere. As Lottie says there is a USB charging point under each of the bedside lights. Very handy. If I get a chance on turnaround day on the 23rd May I'll have a look for you. 

Phil 

Phil if you get a chance to peek in 4034 next door and can take any photos I’d be very grateful. It looks a different shape to 4035 on the deck plan. 

If you can’t then please don’t worry, thanks 

12 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Phil if you get a chance to peek in 4034 next door and can take any photos I’d be very grateful. It looks a different shape to 4035 on the deck plan. 

Debbie, I'll have a go of it's empty too. 

Phil 

Phil, while you are at it, could you pop into 4049 or 4047 accessible oceanview cabins? I've tried to find pics on line without success and it would be really helpful in planning. Hope I'm not asking too much.

• Like 1

Bonnie, if you're reading this:

This thread illustrates the real need for your land-based agents to be able to give accurate details on the lay-out of the accessible cabins. We know what our needs are - our questions to them are not frivolous - things like clearance are crucially important. More training and better info needs to be available to those Azamara employees that are TASKED to answer our concerns and inquiries - provide them with detailed plans and photos of the various accessible cabins that they can access and, {gasp}, even e-mail us when we ask.

We shouldn't have to be scrounging for valuable info scraps like this...

Edited by snowglobe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you are making and excellent point. In this day and age it is perfectly possible and not expensive to digitally map layouts including sockets as they are and add photos to the maps. That way every agent could help a guest by emailing them a map in response to a query. As snowglobe says everyone’s needs are different but users all know their specific needs  

11 hours ago, finny2 said:

Phil, while you are at it, could you pop into 4049 or 4047 accessible oceanview cabins? I've tried to find pics on line without success and it would be really helpful in planning. Hope I'm not asking too much.

I've actually been on both of those. They are really big. I didn't take photos of them, but basically they are the size of a Club Continent Suite with a bit more space because the wardrobe isn't as big. 

This is it from the Azamara website. 

Phil 

404E168A-4E45-47B7-BCBF-BE31E4E1A8E2.jpeg

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Phil

Thanks, that looks spacious. There is even room to park my chair beside the bed which is really handy. Though there may not a place there to plug it in, I can alway charge it at the desk socket. Now my only big concern will be an outlet by the bed to plug in a CPAP. Really, accessible cabins should have an outlet on each side of the bed.

Carolyn

On 5/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, snowglobe said:

In looking closely at the photos, did you notice if there was more than one outlet near that wide open space? Could that be an outlet next to the glasses and bottle of wine?

I see an outlet above the desk, but not on the walls. That one could be used for charging the scooter.

I think that I spot one on the other side of the bed... we can always designate that out-of-the-way one for charging our iPads. 🙂

I went in this morning. These are the sockets I found.  The second picture is one by the bed. It looked like an ethernet port 

Phil 

C2664CFD-AB34-4FE7-8220-58078CBD2F8F.jpeg

74361CFF-FE10-4DFF-BF2A-EC7F5D5EA173.jpeg

On 5/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, finny2 said:

This is 4062 on Pursuit. Same accessible window, but they've changed the position. 

Phil 

89CC3F56-98A3-4B4E-90D5-33DC14FA7C88.jpeg

B3BFD6C0-DC72-4CEE-AEC7-9FC1C14AEB5D.jpeg

FAA45E82-E9F9-468D-A3C5-48DDB12B99BA.jpeg

On 5/17/2019 at 1:27 PM, DebbieMacG said:

This is 4028 next to 4034. Same size and shape. 

Phil 

7AA45227-BFD5-4AD6-95E9-130D06E4460B.jpeg

2CFA5D37-3EFB-4318-9E24-11C94CC2B8E7.jpeg

96E755BA-0F0A-457B-8247-9B68FBB0DDFA.jpeg

BAB0B113-FA97-4241-9411-FBBFCE260E4A.jpeg

6E33A72B-CB27-4812-9AAC-BE362F368CFD.jpeg

Many thanks Phil, cabin looks great, did it seem as big as 4035? I know on the deck plan it looks bigger slightly although difficult to judge due to the odd shape of 4035, it doesn’t seem as big in the pictures, maybe it’s the small sofa that was absent in the other cabin, it would be great to have that though as my husband prefers to sit on a seat rather than the bed if watching tv/eating room service breakfast. I hope there’s one in 4034 🙂

Both the cabins you have taken pictures of are really nice and I’d have no problem staying in either of them, it’s great to get images of these cabins on the forum for others to see, so many thanks for taking time out from your holiday to take them.

Edited by DebbieMacG
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 10:59 AM, DebbieMacG said:

Many thanks Phil, cabin looks great, did it seem as big as 4035? I know on the deck plan it looks bigger slightly although difficult to judge due to the odd shape of 4035, it doesn’t seem as big in the pictures, maybe it’s the small sofa that was absent in the other cabin, it would be great to have that though as my husband prefers to sit on a seat rather than the bed if watching tv/eating room service breakfast. I hope there’s one in 4034 🙂

Both the cabins you have taken pictures of are really nice and I’d have no problem staying in either of them, it’s great to get images of these cabins on the forum for others to see, so many thanks for taking time out from your holiday to take them.

Sorry that the cabins are untidy. I went and had a look whist they were being made up for the next occupants. 

My observations. There didn't appear to be any additional power sockets around the room. Just those in the strip below the mirror in any of the accessible cabins. Also the strange shape of 4035 didn't seem to make it feel smaller. In fact I think I actually prefer the set up except for the lack of a seat. For those who have stayed in one of the category 8 window cabins it feels the same (albeit much larger).  There is a nice spacious area as you walk in. How it works practically with a wheelchair or scooter I can't really say, but with a wide entrance door and a huge roll in shower I think it works fine. 

Phil 

23 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry that the cabins are untidy. I went and had a look whist they were being made up for the next occupants. 

My observations. There didn't appear to be any additional power sockets around the room. Just those in the strip below the mirror in any of the accessible cabins. Also the strange shape of 4035 didn't seem to make it feel smaller. In fact I think I actually prefer the set up except for the lack of a seat. For those who have stayed in one of the category 8 window cabins it feels the same (albeit much larger).  There is a nice spacious area as you walk in. How it works practically with a wheelchair or scooter I can't really say, but with a wide entrance door and a huge roll in shower I think it works fine. 

Phil 

I agree Phil, on the deck plan 4035 looks smaller but in reality it’s not because they have left the bathroom off the deck plan so that’s part of the white area, I had a good look at the photos and the deck plan last night and realised that’s why it seems bigger as it probably is! When I booked, all three cabins were available and I didn’t choose 4035 because on the deck plan it seemed smaller and also because there were some reports of a humming noise coming from the area adjacent to that cabin that apparently contains computer servers. I avoided 4028 because it’s next to the medical facility and so picked 4034.

I like that hopefully 4034 has a sofa though, that’s the thing missing from 4035 I think. I’ll check on the humming noise on journey next week but it’s great the know that all three cabins are so nice, it’s makes choosing in the future for myself and others who need them a much easier task, thank you Phil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, finny2 said:

I was in 4049 on the journey.  There is a plug by both lights, 220v which we used for CPAPs.  My scooter sat nearer the window as the sofa was next to the bed on the bathroom side.  The auto door was not working.  Since my battery easily removed we set it on the desk to charge.  Since we were I. Europe we had adapters for the plugs and were pleased we didn’t need the extension cord we had requested as it would have been in the traffic pattern.  Iirc I could turn my very tight turning scooter around but not without backing up. 

The biggest problem i found was that there is no way to use the hairdryer with the mirror as the very large mirror is on the wall where the bathroom is.  

So if you put your right hand on the wall when you come in there is the bathroom door, a corner, turn right, a mirror, a corner, turn left, a sofa an outlet a light and night stand , the bed, the other night stand light and outlets some space, a corner, turn left, the windows, a corner, turn left, and the wall that has the tv desk etc.  I think the closets are somewhere along there, but I actually don’t recall. 

Hth