Steakhouse in Verandah on QM2

prescottbob

Hello,

We will be taking our 1st Cunard, QM2 on the 24th of May Crossing. I was just looking for opinions on the steak house (we're sort of 'foodies'), if we need to pre purchase a reservation or if there's plenty of available spots usually available on a 7 day crossing.

Thank you ahead of time.

Be well & safe travels. 

Bob

There is no need to book, ( in advance)  unless you need a reservation for a specific day/date to celebrate a special occasion. 

For a reservation wait until you are onboard and visit the Verandah restaurant  early in the voyage.  If you needed to pre purchase a reservation one can only pre book evening Dinner ,  Pre booking Lunch is not always available to do on line.  

Edited by Bell Boy

11 hours ago, prescottbob said:

Hello,

We will be taking our 1st Cunard, QM2 on the 24th of May Crossing. I was just looking for opinions on the steak house (we're sort of 'foodies'), if we need to pre purchase a reservation or if there's plenty of available spots usually available on a 7 day crossing.

Thank you ahead of time.

Be well & safe travels. 

Bob

Consider the "Seafood Platter"  for 2 to share as a starter.  

Best $20.00 ever spent on Cunard

• Thanks 1

Bell Boy provides perfect information on booking.  As you are "foodies" I will be curious as to what you think of the Verandah.  It is indeed a classic steakhouse, nothing modern or nouvelle.  I recommend that you ask to be seated away from the kitchen which can be a bit noisy.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed dinner at the Verandah Restaurant on Queen Elizabeth in March. The menu changed from fine dining to Steakhouse after our booking but we persevered on the basis that the "Seafood Platter" looked a good choice. The restaurant is an excellent venue and we received a table for four to house the platter which was superb. Sadly the "sauces" were thin and inadequate. The desserts looked out of place in such a restaurant but the cheeseboard offered some good choice. The Verandah deserves better than a menu with steaks, ribs (and a burger!) and I do hope fine dining makes a return.

• Like 2

Turning the Verandah Grill into a steak house defies the whole concept of its original intention....to evoke the spirit and atmosphere of the Verandah Grill on the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth. Now all it evokes is the same specialty restaurants you can find on most cruise lines.

• Like 2

We are looking forward to trying the Wagyu beef in the Verandah on our next QM2 crossing.  Not something that is on the menu of most American "Steak Houses".

Our previous Verandah experiences have been mixed.   Although the service has always been excellent, IMO, the meal quality was not much of an improvement over the original Todd English - quite good, but not memorable.

19 minutes ago, wripro said:

A ny decent American steak house now offers Wagyu beef. Just look at the right side of the menu....you'll be able to find it by its price.

I guess it all depends on what is your definition of a "decent" American steakhouse and where you happen to reside.   It certainly is not commonly found in this part of the country on either the right, left or midde of the menu.🐄